PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Patriot Player and Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pick a different offensive and defensive player every season. This year it is Vince Wilfork and Kevin Faulk.

I think today I'm going to go with Maroney. Still have that image of him coming off the field with blood on his face after running over and through the Chargers, carrying us on his back to the Super Bowl.

Tom and Rodney.

Mosi Tatpu, Bob Gladieux, Troy Brown, and Kevin Faulk.

Over achievers who personified team first and winning over personal glory.

Rodney Harrison. What can I say about him that everyone in this forum already doesn't love about him? He personifies hard-working, team-oriented, aggressive, balls-to-the-wall football.

Me too. Defense still wins championships and he is the defensive difference maker.

Honorable mention to big Vince just cause he's so cool.

Donte, wes, randy, tom, assante, jabar, rodney, teddy, jr, and reche caldwell (hes got great eyes) :D I miss him!

Now have to go with Brady, but there are so many other 1-A's, #93, #54, #55, #37, #72, #67, Mankins(forgot number), #84, #81, #83, #39 I know I forgot some but there are soo many choices.

All time there are many Julius Adams, John Hannah, Andre Tippett, Ray Clayborn, Mike Haynes, Gino Capelletti and Darryl Stingley.. never understood why Julius and Stingley have not gotten more props.

Last edited:
Tommy aside, I'd probably say Maroney, Samuel and Colvin.

As a person, I've really become a big Donte Stallworth fan. He's well spoken and seems to be pretty funny, any time you get a look into the locker room he's messing with everybody and having fun (did it yesterday at media day, too.) Seems like a guy who'd be great to have some beers and screw around with.

As a player? Moss, hands down. Love his play...attitude, effort, ability, everything. He's the perfect compliment to Brady, and I really wish they could've hooked up years earlier. The 2004 team, with a 26/27 year old Moss, might've potentially been just as good overall as this one. I'm not looking forward to watching an offense without him again (same goes for Brady.)

Rodney

Faulk

#1 Brady, turn the franchise around from the day he stepped on the field, most consistent player in NFL history and he's our QB (still can't believe we have this guy on our side). Handles the pressure on and off the field with class and self depreciating confidence.

#2 Rodney, love his unreal, over the top passion to hit and win.

#3 Faulk, always been underrated and underappreciated by the fans (just starting to finally get some props)

Last edited:
So many, but I'll go with the guys who refuse to lose, who elevate their teammates, and are the heart and soul of the team: Troy, Tedy, Junior, Kevin, Rodney. And of course, Tom.

Honorable mention to Logan, Randy, Jabar, Vince, Ty, Jarvis, Wes, Rosie, Ben, Heath, Adalius, and the rest of the O & D lines and special teamers.

My favorite is Gino Cappaletti.He has been Mr.Patriot since 1960.He is nothing but class and dignity and was a versatile player as a kicker and wide receiver.He was a Belichick type player before the term was invented.

It's hard for me to pick just one favorite. I once considered Ty Law my all-time favorite. I've really liked Rodney Harrison ever since he joined the Pats. Randy Moss gives them a new, more fearsome identity on offense.

But it all boils down to the man, Tom Brady. He has helped guide this team to victory with and without the aforementioned players, and he is always humble. I couldn't be prouder to be a Patriots fan, and to have him leading the team.

Besides Brady, for me it's Wes Welker. His determination and dedication to break the "size and speed" glass ceiling to become an NFL football player would make a great movie. The guy is simply awesome, you know.

Tedy is my all-time fav...but my favs this year is Welker and Faulk

Ben Watson (obviously). I base my favorite players entirely on Wonderlic results.

I'm also a big fan of Bruschi, not only for what he's overcome but just because of what an incredible person he seems to be every time I see an interview/piece on him.

Troy Brown - always.

Runners-up:

Brady, Vrable

Old School: Grogan, Morgan, Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes