14. Mr Inside and Mr Outside
15. Air Coryell
16. The Fun Bunch
17. The Marks Brothers
18. The Orange Crush
19. The Killer Bs
20. The Million Dollar Backfield

Last edited:
right off the top you left out Christian Okoye...the Nigerian Nightmare,,,and then there's Fred "The Hammer" Williamson...and how the hell could you leave out "Sweetness"...do I even have to mention HIS name?

Joker said:
right off the top you left out Christian Okoye...the Nigerian Nightmare,,,and then there's Fred "The Hammer" Williamson...and how the hell could you leave out "Sweetness"...do I even have to mention HIS name?
I never liked Sweetness, the nickname, not the player. "The Hammer" isn't anything special or original. "The Nigerian Nightmare" seems a bit crafted to me, like a KC PR guy was trolling for a nickname and fixed on that just for the clumsy alliteration.

Heh..that's pretty rich...coming from a clown who just posted the Blond Bomber and Poodles Podoley among his top twenty

here's one that should really get your panties in a twist....4 and 6...the Twin Abominations

Joker said:
Heh..that's pretty rich...coming from a clown who just posted the Blond Bomber and Poodles Podoley among his top twenty

here's one that should really get your panties in a twist....4 and 6...the Twin Abominations
Do you bring anything to the table, or just live on scraps? Looking at your profile, I can see you fake the freewheeling, homophobe, man's man crap. Since that is probably your internet alterego, I assume you are a tight as*sed, fudgepacking, skirt wearing bit*ch in the real world. ;)

heh...yeah...look at the "Poodles Podoley" ***phag playing the woman trapped in a man's body routine

re

It's not flashy or as creative as the others, but I always liked 'Joe Cool'.

"The Rambling Wreck From Georgia Tech"

I like "Sweetness" but I think that some of the newer self-applied ones (Cadillac, Pac-Man) are not so convincing. (I know that most of you will disagree, but I always liked "Primetime" and "Neon Deion".) It's got to be said that U.S. sports has the best nicknames overall.

Australia, though, does some very good ones. Some are a bit obvious, like the long-term cricket captain, Steve "Tugga" Waugh. His twin brother (also a great player) had a better one. He was called "Audi" from the four zeros he made in his first four international innings (think of the Audi symbol). Then there was the Rugby Union captain, John Eales, whose brilliant nickname was "Nobody" (because "nobody's perfect").

I can't think of many really good U.K. sports nicknames. There's a soccer player called Fitz Hall whose nickname is "One Size" and a former cricketer called Chris Old whose nickname was "Chilly" (= C. Old).

But the best one I can remember was for a goalkeeper for Manchester United called Alex Stepney. His nickname was "Dracula" -- because he didn't like crosses.

Brian Mc Clair, an ex Manchester United soccer player, known as "choccy" (as in Chocolate Eclair). There was also Ron "Chopper" Harris and Norman "bite yer legs" Hunter, from the days when soccer really was a contact sport.

I'd also like to add Tomas "3-0 to the Czech Republic" Rosicky..... :rofl:

No one has mentioned the Refrigerator yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes