Favorite Free Agent target this year aka sign the beast #008: Travis Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Favorite Free Agent target this year aka sign the beast: Travis Benjamin

Travis Benjamin, WR for the Cleveland Browns at NFL.com

The guy put up nearly 1,000 yards with the Browns last year. Think of what he could do here.

What I like about him is he has is a mix of Edelman, and a mix of a Desean Jackson type. Can be a slot receiver that can stretch the field a bit, and also has sub 4.4 speed to go deep and stretch the field. To me, him and Edelman would be an incredible duo on offense.

Not to mention he's a pretty stellar return guy too.

Wonder how much he'd cost, don't have much cap to spend.

Watched him closely this year (fantasy team). He specifically crossed my mind as a good fit here. Dude is a small-bodied deep threat. I'm definitely all for it, but I could see someone overpaying..... hopefully we could get a friendly deal.

I think he could go either way. Either he will stay at 3-4 mill a year or the bidding will skyrocket and he'll somehow land 7 million a year. Might happen since there aren't too many WR options this year.

As for the cap room, we will just see what we do to clear cap space. Priority number one is still to lock up Brady and the stars on defense.

What is with the "sign the BEAST" stuff on this board? It sounds really ****ing stupid.....

They will have plenty of cap space to do with what they want.

The Pats do not need a deep threat, but if he is proficient at short to intermediate passes then he is consideration.

But his deep threat capabilities is most likely going to make him too expensive.

they are going to make a bunch of room by cutting and restructuring players. but I do wonder who they will target, even if they were interested I bet Benjamin will get overpayed by someone else

What is with the "sign the BEAST" stuff on this board? It sounds really ****ing stupid.....
Hey I wasn't the one who started it. Why else am I going to call it?

They will have plenty of cap space to do with what they want.
Didn't Miguel's layout only free up like 5-6 mil of cap space total?

I'll defer to you on this because you are the expert.

Didn't Miguel's layout only free up like 5-6 mil of cap space total?

Before a series of moves that should free up at least 20 Million. Mayo and Chandler alone free up 10 Million.

The Pats do not need a deep threat, but if he is proficient at short to intermediate passes then he is consideration.

But his deep threat capabilities is most likely going to make him too expensive.

Deep threat is one way to put it. That term always makes me think of a guy running fly routes/skinny posts constantly. He just gets downfield FAST. I'm talking about making the cut on a 20 yard cross at the same the qb plants his back foot.

We all saw how important it is for Edelman to beat zones in the first 15 yards. Benjamin's the type of guy that does that beyond 15.

Randy Moss wasn't just about getting behind defenses. Remember his deep crosses/buttonhooks, followed by a catch, and then his little fetal position, "I caught the ball, I don't need to get hit," slide? That is a more important option for Tom than the home run ball.

Hey I wasn't the one who started it. Why else am I going to call it?
That's why I'm asking...what the f does it mean? I mean, I'm certainly no SJW but someone could take "sign the beast" as equating a player to an animal...just sounds silly to me, unless this board is populated by 12 year olds...

That's why I'm asking...what the f does it mean? I mean, I'm certainly no SJW but someone could take "sign the beast" as equating a player to an animal...just sounds silly to me, unless this board is populated by 12 year olds...
Brady calls Gronk beast mode. Is he a 12 year old?

someone could take "sign the beast" as equating a player to an animal...

tommy_lee_jones.jpg

Once again I'll defer To you. Who better to discuss stupid and 12 year old behavior than the board troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back