PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Belichick Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was watching the 2004 America's game on the NFL network last night (with Brown, Bruschi and Belichick).

I would be interested to hear other posters favorite Belichick moments (comments, interviews, pics, pressers) but mine was whenever we beat the Colts in 2004, 20-3.

As Belichick was walking off the field he was wiping his hands as if to say..."any question now as to who the best team is"?

It was classic...seemingly so ****y but so awesome....

Mine would be post-Super Bowl 38 when he snubbed Tom Jackson, per "Patriot Reign".

Sticking with Brady when Bledsoe was pushing him to reinstate him as starting QB in 2001.

"Stats are for losers"

"That’s for the Genius’s at the league office to determine"

“We'll do the injury report on Wednesday.”

“I'm not really worried about the other 31 teams,”

“We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

“You can pick out anything you want, every single area of the game ... they did a better job at everything.”

“We prepare for everyone like they are going to be 100 percent.”

“No. Sorry to hear everybody can't understand that, but I do what I think is best for the team. That is all.”

“We'll try to comply with the rules and if we don't, I'm sure we'll be penalized for it, just like everybody else will.”

It's not my job to pick weeds.

Something not caught on camera but rather that I caught from my seat at Gillette...

The week after the 2003 snow game vs Miami, the Pats were at home vs Jacksonville. It was cold, dark (really dark for a 1:00 game) and snow flakes were in the air. As the team came back out for the start of the 2nd half, BB looks up at the sky, puts his hands out in front of him, palms up, and within minutes it is snowing harder. By the end of the 3rd quarter the field is covered, and the roads were a nightmare going home that evening.

The power of BB.

All of Belichick's shots at Charlie Casserly. They are all funny and show that he actually has a personality.

I will throw two out there.

My favorite moment is meeting him at the Head Coach Dinner (a reward thru the credit card program Patriots Experience). Speech for 20 minutes or so question and answer for another 20-30 min. Photo op and signing. Plus a meal. :rocker:

The memories are awesome and have been shared on here.

one that everyone can share.

Pre SB speech.

Slaps a lombardi on the table. And starts talking about the Philly Parade plans. :rocker:

"Straight cash, homey."

When he and Brady hoist their next Lombardi together

I enjoy the moments when even the most die hard Patriots fan says "WTF?"

Like cutting Milloy, or the intentional safety in Denver - and then it dawns on people that, yes, Belichick DOES actually have an idea of what he's doing!

for me it can on be one thing..the first time BB uttered...

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Like cutting Milloy, or the intentional safety in Denver - and then it dawns on people that, yes, Belichick DOES actually have an idea of what he's doing!

One could write a book of such moments. Probably the first and most notorious one was sticking with Brady over Bledsoe. Just imagine if an HC today picked a second year 199th pick kid over a $100M franchise QB who's been to the superbowl. The latest wtf BB moment: picking McCourty...or maybe cutting Moss.

That is why one can say 'In BB I trust' with pride. I for one can't wait to see what the mad genius will do next.

Last edited:
Wanted to bring up how Belichick possibly saved a random man's life on the highway after a car accident, was completely anonymous and never talked about it, but it came out a few years later in a story because another guy who stopped to help recognized him and told this story years later.

Or, how Belichick works with Jim Brown (a hard man to impress but who has immense respect for Belichick) in prisons and jails, and never tells anybody about it.

The moment after the 2003 AFC Championship game (?) where Rodney's hugging him and thanking him for believing in him, BB just says "You bet" with the two of them nearly in tears, great moment

I met BB right after he became our coach.

Was working in Juvenile Corrections, and he came to an event at which Jim Brown was speaking. Jim Brown was at a function for his Amer-I-Can program, I was charged with meeting BB and showing him where to go. My impression of BB was that he was a very unassuming man, who wore a pedestrian off the rack green suit.

When Jim Brown spoke he said something to the effect, "If Michael Jordan did as much for the community as BB did, the world would be a different place."

Later I had Jim Brown autograph a football, and we all had our picture taken with him.. BB faded into the background, if I had only known that this was not just another Patriots Coach... but it is still a great memory.

Last edited:
I'm going to cheat and say that my favorite moment is watching him down on one knee, players huddled around him intently, while he breaks down the subtle nuances of another chess match.

I honestly loving watch this every week, it literally pumps me up.

Other than those moments, I would easily say the times when he shows emotion and gets into it--like after the Miami road game this yr on MNF when he jumped up and down, pumping his fist etc. So un-Belichick like, but great when you actually get to see it.

Coach Bill has gone on the record as saying that cutting Milloy the way he did WAS a mistake, and one he regrets.

And I thank the Gods for that, because I truly could not have admired the man as much as I do, had he not done just that.

I don't have a favorite Belichick moment any more than I have a favorite Clint EastWood moment: I prefer to savor the entire Body of Work. :cool:

The latest wtf BB moment: picking McCourty...or maybe cutting Moss.

He stole a 3rd Round pick for Randy Moss. That is awesome.

I'm loving all of these, but I liked it when Felger began a question with "Correct me if I'm wrong..." and BB interjected "I can't wait".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes