PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorable 2011 Patriots Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsInGA

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As the title said. This is the way us Pats fans (or at least how I) want the schedule:

Week 1: @ Buffalo
Week 2: v.s San Diego
Week 3: @ Jets
Week 4: v.s Giants
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: v.s Colts
Week 7: @ Dolphins
Week 8: @ Denver
Week 9: @ Oakland
Week 10: v.s Chiefs
Week 11: @ Redskins
Week 12: v.s Dolphins
Week 13: @ Eagles
Week 14: v.s Jets
Week 15: @ Steelers
Week 16: v.s Cowboys
Week 17: v.s Bills

You really want to have 3 road games in a row in Miami about 1300 miles away, then @Denver, then @Oakland. You crazy. Thats so much travel in only about 2 weeks.

Not that easy and the Bye week is poorly positioned; you want the by around game 10 when everyone is banged up. But hey it is better than last year.

Remember that next season will be the Death Star (if they can get a terror of a pass-rusher). 16-0?

Last edited:
It happened it 2002. Buffalo, Chicago, then Oakland. 2-1 record. Mind you that is 2002. But the Pats can easily do it.

Not that easy and the Bye week is poorly positioned; you want the by around game 10 when everyone is banged up. But hey it is better than last year.

Remember that next season will be the Death Star (if they can get a terror of a pass-rusher). 16-0?

I'll take 15-1 and no pressure for a redemptive 19-0. An 18-1 with a SB works for me. :D

Yeah, not a fan of that travel schedule. It reminds me of the dilemma teams face when they have two western road games in a row, and often it results in a poor performance in one of the two games.

As the title said. This is the way us Pats fans (or at least how I) want the schedule:

Week 1: @ Buffalo
Week 2: v.s San Diego
Week 3: @ Jets
Week 4: v.s Giants
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: v.s Colts
Week 7: @ Dolphins
Week 8: @ Denver
Week 9: @ Oakland
Week 10: v.s Chiefs
Week 11: @ Redskins
Week 12: v.s Dolphins
Week 13: @ Eagles
Week 14: v.s Jets
Week 15: @ Steelers
Week 16: v.s Cowboys
Week 17: v.s Bills
I'm confsed. Why do you want the schedule to be arranged like that?

Week 1: @ Jets
Week 2: vs. Chiefs
Week 3: vs. Bills
Week 4: @ Dolphins
Week 5: vs. Cowboys
Week 6: vs. Chargers
Week 7: @ Oakland
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: vs. Giants
Week 10: @ Steelers
Week 11: @ Eagles
Week 12: vs. Colts
Week 13: @ Broncos
Week 14: @ Redskins
Week 15: vs. Jets
Week 16: @ Bills
Week 17: vs. Dolphins

I thought we were supposed to go to KC and Oakland was coming here, no? Reverse AFC West from 2008 schedule?

Give me more home games second half of the season, increases the chance of snow!

I would prefer the Colts game to be much later in the season

Give me Peyton Manning when it's 10 degrees outside and snowy

Not sure if I could consider it all that favorable with 3 road games in a row. Also if I learned anything over the past few seasons it is that have a decent regular season record does not help this team in the playoffs that much.

Last edited:
I would pick a different adjective than 'favorable'. 'Tough', or 'challenging' or 'nontrivial' come to mind.

Not sure if I could consider it all that favorable with 3 road games in a row. Also if I learned anything over the past few seasons it is that have a decent regular season record does not help this team in the playoffs that much.

Exactly, at the end of the day they still have to show up against the wild card team in the playoffs.

In terms of the current strength of these teams, next season's schedule is certainly easier. The only game that seems scary to me is the Pittsburgh road game--and yes i know that Brady has Pitt's number. The other first class teams we play at home---which is a real advantage DURING THE SEASON.

It's good news that it is easier---because maybe we can save our competetive juices for the post season.

In terms of the current strength of these teams, next season's schedule is certainly easier. The only game that seems scary to me is the Pittsburgh road game--and yes i know that Brady has Pitt's number. The other first class teams we play at home---which is a real advantage DURING THE SEASON.

It's good news that it is easier---because maybe we can save our competetive juices for the post season.

That doesn't make sense, our schedule was easy, we dominated, didn't even turn over the ball and still came out flat. Year before that we were clawing in close games and still came out flat. It really doesn't make a difference.

That doesn't make sense, our schedule was easy, we dominated, didn't even turn over the ball and still came out flat. Year before that we were clawing in close games and still came out flat. It really doesn't make a difference.

I guess you're right. I guess the answer to the playoff puzzle lies some place other than in the schedule. Still I prefer next year's schedule to this year's even tho we made it look so easy toward the end.

Hey, maybe i hit the nail on the head----not enuf competition in those final games, so nothing to build on. Sort of like the yankees taking it easy with the last 20 games and then forgetting how to compete come playoff times.

Ugh, @ Denver just pisses me off.

I just want the Jets week 1 @ their place. Don't care how the rest of it works out. We will get them either week 1 or 2 I'm sure.

I wouldn't mind getting the Colts on week 17, in case they have their division wrapped up by then. But we always get them somewhere in the middle of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes