PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fauvre, R. Williams draft impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just trying to overanalyze the news...

Ricky Williams will not be playing for the Dolphins this year. How might this impact the draft? Will they go for an RB, instead of, as the Mock Draft Muncher would have us believe, Santonio Holmes.

Brett Fauvre evidently will be playing for Green Bay this year. How might this impact their draft choice. Will they go for an O-line prospect, for instance Winston Justice, instead of a defensive star, such as Hawk, Huff or Ngata?

And if either or both of these things happen, how might that trickle down to affect...the Patriots?

I invite comment from those better informed than I am.

Not sure...GB has a young QB..so??? Miami has Brown...I think if anything, it will be minimal...Maybe if Ferguson is available GB will take him..give BF a bit more time...but really can't see a LARGE impact either way.

I'm interested to see how, if at all, this affects Hawk. Many mocks have him going to GB.

Dolphins Take a RB Early??

Mainefan said:
Just trying to overanalyze the news...

Ricky Williams will not be playing for the Dolphins this year. How might this impact the draft? Will they go for an RB, instead of, as the Mock Draft Muncher would have us believe, Santonio Holmes.

Brett Fauvre evidently will be playing for Green Bay this year. How might this impact their draft choice. Will they go for an O-line prospect, for instance Winston Justice, instead of a defensive star, such as Hawk, Huff or Ngata?

And if either or both of these things happen, how might that trickle down to affect...the Patriots?

I invite comment from those better informed than I am.

Actually, with Ricky gone for a year, the Dolphins do need a running back. But it won't be early. There was some talk in the Miami area that Saban will wait for the June 1 cuts and pick up a veteran back-up that won't mind being a part-timer behind Ronnie Brown. He could also look for a 3rd down type back, later in the draft, when there will be many to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back