Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fat people blamed for Global Warming

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Apr 21, 2009.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's next? Excessive farting causes global warming?

FOXNews.com - Do Fat People Cause Global Warming? - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

The rising number of fat people was blamed for global warming on Monday.

Scientists warned that the increase in big eaters means more food production — a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet.

Overweight people are also more likely to drive, adding to environmental damage.

Dr. Phil Edwards, of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said: "Moving about in a heavy body is like driving in a gas guzzler."

Each fat person is said to be responsible for emitting a ton more of climate-warming carbon dioxide per year than a thin one.

It means an extra billion tons of CO2 a year is created, according to World Health Organization estimates of overweight people.

The scientists say providing extra grub for them to guzzle adds to carbon emissions that heat up the world, melting polar ice caps, raising sea levels and killing rain forests.

The original story can be read here
  2. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

You Fat BHASTADS!!!!
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Michael (Tub Of Sh!t) Moore should make a movie about this "fat stuff" starring Queen Oprah & Rush Limbaugh as lovers.

Oprah & Limbaugh flopping around in bed (two water buffalos wrestling)
  4. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So in this vein, Fat people are more important for the economy? And create more jobs then skinny people?

EAT PEOPLE EAT!
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

What global warming the temos are down over the last 10 years....;)
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

There's still plenty of out-houses in Maine, I'm going to build a new one.

It's still,
    Cold In January
    Hot In August

Al Boob Gore belongs in an Insane Asylum

BBB
  7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fat people,cows,children...LOL seriously who's next? I bet it'll be The Veterans;)

I forgot where I read this but obese or overweight people now have to buy 2 airplane seats (which I have to agree with;no offense but having to fly 4-5 hours scrunched in only 1/2 your seat is nasty). Anyway, an overweight gentleman bought himself 2 seats as he was told to do but when he boarded the plane he discovered the 2 seats he'd booked weren't even together:rofl:

I predict overweight people will eventually end up being taxed,just like farmers who own cows and families with more than 2 children. There'll probably be a double tax if the child is obese. I betcha:)
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Welp, I'm not fat enough where people are scrunched over in the seat next to me (nor am I in the category of no-doubt-about-it, buy-an-extra-seat-on-the-plane), but I'm definitely on the fat a s s end of the pretty-much-normal continuum... Like, on the metro bus people will sort of fill in next to the mesomorphs first and then sit next to me as the last resort. Eh well.

It's really kinda depressing that I'm chowing away Greenland's and the Antarctic's ice caps, but I'll comfort myself in the fact that I don't drive at all, and call it a wash. At least I'm not a fat a s s in an SUV.

If it's any help though, I'm relatively sedentary, so a little gluttony goes a long way.

PFnV
  9. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

PatsfaninVa, Don't ask me why but I picture you as a skinny guy with glasses.:confused:

BTW. I think the forum needs to implement a rule that states any poster using a word (sedentary) that has never been used in the forum before must provide a link to the definition.:)

As to the thread topic, I think it's great that the government is finding another scapegoat to tax heavily.(pun not intended.) God knows they've taxed me enough to pay for 2 houses in my life for the unholy sin of smoking.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I hope they don't find out how much greenhouse gasses beer brewing generates!
  11. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

For the legal-eagles: apparently the seat issue is due to "encroachment". I assume that means encroaching upon another's space or whatever.

Point being,taxing gone wild. No wonder there were tea parties:p

Smokers-omg. here in MA the newly imposed federal tax (something else our leader said would not be done) puts a pack of cigarettes at $8.60:eek: Most all of that is state/federal tax,I think the actual cost of the cigarettes themselves is something like $2.00. Unbelievable.

But taxing cow's flatulence was the best of all:bricks: Have your steak now before beef prices rise due to carbon footprints:eek:
  12. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The bottom line on all of this BS is... another tax that goes to the parasite banksters (a few select families that run this world from behind the scenes), and more middleclass citizens go broke from all of the laws.

The end of the middleclass is right around the bend.

Masters and slaves. Slaves do all of the dirty work and pay for the privilage.

Also note that the "masters" truly feel that there are 80% of us useless eaters using up their resources (oil for an example) and we need to be exterminated.

In a nutshell.
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Ha! Yeah you usually associate big-word fans with skinny guys in dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up and coke-bottle glasses. Ditto on the smokes. Being a leftoid with bad habits, I'm sort of stuck there too. Hell it IS good if future generations just give it up. It's bad for you. But goddammit I LIKE my smokes. PS, one of my few non-leftoid opinions? Measure second-hand smoke at the same concentration as is consumed by a first-hand smoker before declaring the two equivalent. Make me wait until after dinner in a restaurant (when I leave,) fine. But leave the bars alone.

It's like "Yeah I'm going to a bar to destroy my liver and kill brain cells... and you bring your goddam cancer sticks in here!"

Dude if you're so pure you can't take second hand smoke, you're too pure to drink.

PFnV
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I lost 30 pounds from 280 to 250 a few years ago when diabetes reared it's ugly head. Recently ... finally went to a sleep doctor after being in denial :ugh: for 25+ years that I had a sleep disorder and in the last 3 months I took off another 30+ and I'm in the 215 range now :lol2: I can almost see it again :p... love that Ambien :sleeping:

Well enough of the :woot: for me ... what I want to know is do I get a flatulence rebate now that I am slimmed down? :confused2:
  15. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sorry mods but I have to take a moment that may be slightly off topic here.
    PFnV, I used to smoke almost 3 packs a day. I've had breathing problems before but a few months ago it got so bad that I drove myself to the local ER. I really thought I might die if I went to sleep that night. After all the tests results were in, the Doctors found nothing. They chalked it up to anxiety, told me to make an appointment with my primary care Dr. and sent me on my way.
    My doctor asked me if I smoke and when I told him yes, he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say "what do you expect, dumbasz".
    I told him I was trying to quit but it was very difficult and I was attempting to cut the number down little by little. He asked me if I really want help? I said yes, definitely. That's when he prescribed Chantix. If you don't know about this stuff already.
    I am now down to 4 smokes a day, my breathing has already improved and I will continue taking this stuff until I am completely off the butts. I feel confident this will happen.
    Just trying to help you be a better lefty.:):eek::God help us all.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

it's the chemicals in the cigs that are really bad for you.

Watch the movie "The Insider."

Anxiety could be caused by many other things other than cigs... most likely excitotoxins.
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

thanks for the tip 363839. TerryGlennEtc., I am NOT taking any more of your movie suggestions... I just watched 10 minutes of the "Emperor" and realized I can't un-see it now. Then again there's a Hitler show on now, so it can't really be that bad by comparison...
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

God Damn Bastard Loons:
    Cigarette's
    SUV's
    Wood Stoves
    Oil
    Cow Farts
    Toilet Paper
    Outhouse's
    Now the scum sh!t scum are going after "fat people" kiss my a$s you nazi scumsucking son of a b!tches.

When will these batty pasty faced nasty hateful pigs start going after Gang Bangers, Drugs and Child Molesters.

Poor Fat Bastards all they do is eat and mind their own business, live it up Fatso don't pay any attention to those crazy bastards.

I wonder if Michael "Tub Of Sh!t" Moore will make a movie about Fat People, Moore used to have bowel movements in Wal Mart Dumpsters now he has a custom made Toilet Seat in his house, if he has to use the toilet in the Airport he sh!ts standing up over the bowl, he usually misses and most of the sh!t goes all over the floor, if the mens room is empty he sh!ts in the urinal.

I'm not fat.
  19. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 1 / -16

#11 Jersey

oh harry boy oh harry boy. the pipes the pipes are calling.
  20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It was directed toward the Fogster though...:D