PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Farinella: the worst reporter in NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You boys take your man crush seriously, don't you? Someone called me a liar, and an hour on the internet proved them wrong. Time well spent. Stalking? I didn't take the pictures, just found them. Rather easily. Handle little thing called google, you boys might want to try it sometime...

I obviously don't come to this fansite often, especially the message board. I heard that there was some organized effort to boycott one of my favorite print authors, who had had the gall to write material not dripping in kool-aid, so I checked. Farinella isn't one of my favorites, but he's local and he's a print writer. In case you haven't looked up from your keyboards lately, those people are starting to disappear in NE. Giving his article more attention due to the tabloid-oriented comments cannot accomplish anything positive. At worst, it would get him fired/disciplined, which just means less (or more watered-down) local coverage. At best, it increases his numbers sufficiently that he add more celebrity journalism where there is supposed to be sports coverage. Mid-November he'll be writing about what a role-model Brady is for your children, just to earn the ire of the parents who read the article.

Due to the numbers of fans turning to sites like this, we'll soon have a mixture of the AP and bloggers-only covering sports. Print journalists still have a job to do, especially locally. From McGuire's andro (first covered by a reporter for the St. Louis Post Dispatch, I believe) to the book on Bond written by the San Francisco area writers who literally dug through trash, local reporters serve an important function.

The fact that BB and company get by with the reputation for having the most secretive media relations in the NFL says something already about the local media. No wonder I first heard about Walsh from ESPN, if Farinella gets roasted just for making a little fun of an obvious (see my previous post) tabloid celebrity.

As for hating Brady, what does his tabloid coverage have to do with hate? He's always been this way, it's just a little more obvious now. He could impregnate the entire victoria's secret line up and it wouldn't effect his game one bit. Off the field, yes, he's a bit sketchy for my tastes, but that's the way he's always been. Relax, you teenager girls act like I just insulted your favorite boy-bander.

You boys take your man crush seriously, don't you? Someone called me a liar, and an hour on the internet proved them wrong. Time well spent. Stalking? I didn't take the pictures, just found them. Rather easily. Handle little thing called google, you boys might want to try it sometime...

I obviously don't come to this fansite often, especially the message board. I heard that there was some organized effort to boycott one of my favorite print authors, who had had the gall to write material not dripping in kool-aid, so I checked. Farinella isn't one of my favorites, but he's local and he's a print writer. In case you haven't looked up from your keyboards lately, those people are starting to disappear in NE. Giving his article more attention due to the tabloid-oriented comments cannot accomplish anything positive. At worst, it would get him fired/disciplined, which just means less (or more watered-down) local coverage. At best, it increases his numbers sufficiently that he add more celebrity journalism where there is supposed to be sports coverage. Mid-November he'll be writing about what a role-model Brady is for your children, just to earn the ire of the parents who read the article.

Due to the numbers of fans turning to sites like this, we'll soon have a mixture of the AP and bloggers-only covering sports. Print journalists still have a job to do, especially locally. From McGuire's andro (first covered by a reporter for the St. Louis Post Dispatch, I believe) to the book on Bond written by the San Francisco area writers who literally dug through trash, local reporters serve an important function.

The fact that BB and company get by with the reputation for having the most secretive media relations in the NFL says something already about the local media. No wonder I first heard about Walsh from ESPN, if Farinella gets roasted just for making a little fun of an obvious (see my previous post) tabloid celebrity.

As for hating Brady, what does his tabloid coverage have to do with hate? He's always been this way, it's just a little more obvious now. He could impregnate the entire victoria's secret line up and it wouldn't effect his game one bit. Off the field, yes, he's a bit sketchy for my tastes, but that's the way he's always been. Relax, you teenager girls act like I just insulted your favorite boy-bander.

Mark, Jesus go away already! This is sooooo boring! blah blah blah. Go write your next piece on how Big Papi is not hitting well this season because he filmed a commerical in NYC and jetsetted over to Japan. Oh, yeah, you already wrote that one!

Kool aid.....BLAH BLAH BLAH....secretive.....BLAH BLAH BLAH......media relations.....BLAH BLAH BLAH.......kool aid......BLAH BLAH BLAH.

How 2003 of you.

And the bit about how "important" reporters are is priceless. Ladies and gents, let's welcome perhaps the most twisted, perverted - yet staggaringly unimaginative - individual in New England.

Last edited:
The paragraph below on Brady is pretty pathetic from Mark Farinella of the Sun Chronicle. I ask each of you to repsond to that loser! Brady has been on the West Coast with his son for over a month and has earned some down time to heal physically and mentally from last season. Brady had a rough time of it on and off the field in a very public breakup/baby drama and a very high profile undefeated season. If Brady wants to lay low in Costa Rica with his girl and then rent a house in LA to be with his son, good for him. He has his priorities straight he is not "slacking off"! For Farinella to suggest the Pats drafted a QB to nudge their HOF QB who has taken them to 5 AFC Championships in his 7 years as a starter is ludicrist!

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2008/04/30/sports/3117895.txt

You are so upset you want people to make this guy the most read reporter in NE. Why else would you LINK to the story.

Hey, this smells bad. Smell this.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back