PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Far Be it from me to side with the Racial Arsonists...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Did Bill Romanowski Slip and out'mself as a Racist ScumBag??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
And I believe now, as I believed 5 Years ago, that Cam Newton is a Poser who's just in it for the Money.

Indeed, I believe that his gutless reaction to That Fumble will define his Career.

And I believe that it should.

Cam Newton has always been all about Cam Newton.

But Bill Romanowski has always projected a KKK Vibe, in my eyes...

King: Bill Romanowski calling Cam Newton 'boy' was racist

And I don't believe that White Men should hang their heads in Shame for the Unspeakable Crimes that were perpetrated by their Ancestors against Black Men. We should all be judged upon our own Merits.

But there is Terminology that clearly radiates Racism...and "Boy" is part of it.

Last edited:
And I believe now, as I believed 5 Years ago, that Cam Newton is a Poser who's just in it for the Money.

Indeed, I believe that his gutless reaction to That Fumble will define his Career.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXhDPi_WEAA2wIx.jpg

And I don't believe that White Men should hang their heads in Shame for the Unspeakable Crimes that were perpetrated by their Ancestors against Black Men. We should all be judged upon our own Merits.

But there is Terminology that clearly radiates Racism...and "Boy" is part of it.
The link in your post is to a photo of Newton. What did Romanowski say, when did he say it and what was the context?

The link in your post is to a photo of Newton. What did Romanowski say, when did he say it and what was the context?

Thanks. The Cut & Paste had evidently failed, as it is sometimes wont to do.

Corrected.

Meh, so Romanowski is an a-hole -- something he's proven previously. That said, it could be viewed as chiding Newton for acting childish (which he did) vs. an outright racial thing. He did apologize and either way it's not worth getting worked up over, IMO.

Cam acted like a little immature little boy with a temper tantrum bc his team lost. People trying to turn this into a racial issue are just pathetic. View attachment 12165
He should have just called him a child then. If you can't see what racial connotation the word "boy" has, then so be it.

King: Bill Romanowski calling Cam Newton 'boy' was racist

Even going back to his time at BC his behavior has always been perplexing. He'd take special interest in hazing the frosh black players and picking fights with the black NFL players.

Accusing someone of racism is a serious accusation and I'm not quite going there but his actions are what they are.

Last edited:
Meh, so Romanowski is an a-hole -- something he's proven previously. That said, it could be viewed as chiding Newton for acting childish (which he did) vs. an outright racial thing. He did apologize and either way it's not worth getting worked up over, IMO.

You're the one getting "worked up", Bub.

I'm just pointing this out.

There's History, here.

You’ll never last in the NFL with that attitude. The world doesn’t revolve around you, boy!

He meant boy as in "son". As in the world doesn't revolve around you son! That was what he was trying to say not anything racial IMO.

I don't know much about Romanowski, so I will leave any judgment about his racism between him and his God. But I will say that he is dumb and phenomenally tone deaf to use that term in relation to an African American, given its history, especially in relation to someone who has made race an issue.

You’ll never last in the NFL with that attitude. The world doesn’t revolve around you, boy!

He meant boy as in "son". As in the world doesn't revolve around you son! That was what he was trying to say not anything racial IMO.

Yes, that's a lovely Spin on what he said. Unfortunately for you and Romanowski, "Boy" has a very distinct, defined, and Racist meaning when addressed from a White Man to a Black Man.

Context matters.

You're the one getting "worked up", Bub.

I'm just pointing this out.

There's History, here.
What in my post indicates I was "worked up"? I merely suggested it wasn't worth anyone getting worked up over.

Yes, that's a lovely Spin on what he said. Unfortunately for you and Romanowski, "Boy" has a very distinct, defined, and Racist meaning when addressed from a White Man to a Black Man.

Context matters.

Unfortunate choice of words at best.

I've seen "son" and "boy" used interchangeably in arguments plenty of times.

What in my post indicates I was "worked up"? I merely suggested it wasn't worth anyone getting worked up over.

You brought it up, Bub. Maybe you should take some Responsibility for your own Words, eh? :rolleyes:

Yes, that's a lovely Spin on what he said. Unfortunately for you and Romanowski, "Boy" has a very distinct, defined and Racist meaning when addressed from a White Man to a Black Man.

Context matters.

Ok, so it's only bad if a white guy says it to a black guy? Different rules for different people then.

It's entirely possible that Romanowski is utterly ignorant of white men using that term disparagingly to black men, he might also be aware of it but choses to treat all races disrespectfully.

BTW, having a policy based on race, like forbidding the use of the term "boy" specifically to black men, is kinda the definition of racism...just sayin!

Anyone who lumps me in with those Racial Arsonist Lunatics is out'f their fool Mind.

But Romanowski?? Always got a Bad Vibe from that guy.

He was already deeply suspect in my eyes.

And this??? Extremely suspect.

Last edited:
Ok, so it's only bad if a white guy says it to a black guy? Different rules for different people then. BTW, having a policy based on race, like forbidding the use of the term "boy" specifically to black men, is kinda the definition of racism...just sayin!

Nobody's talking about Policy, Genius: We're only discussing what Romanowski meant.

I've trashed 1000 Racial Arsonists who've spun Controversy out'f Innocence.

My Credit, unlike yours, is good. I judge men's Actions on their Merit.

I find both your unjust Attack on me ~ and you ~ disgusting.

Into the Darkness you go. Your Response will ring silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye