PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fantasy Playoffs During Playoffs

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Guys, I run a Yahoo league where we have playoffs during NFL playoffs. It works like this:

You try to make sure during the reg. season that you're taking into account who will be in the playoffs - because once playoffs come, the four best teams stock whatever positions they still have guys for, and play the fantasy playoffs.

Player acquisitions cut off at the end of the last game of the regular season, and you can't drop a guy who has played that week (i.e., you could drop a guy that Sunday who hasn't played, and pick up someone from, say, the Cowboys since you're short on playoff talent, prior to the end of the regular season. But after that, no go.)

So: First plays against fourth, second plays against third. The "first half" of the "divisional round" is the NFL's wild-card round. The "second half" is the NFL's divisional round. Then you tally the totals of the two games to determine the fantasy super bowl matchup.

Then the first half of the fantasy super bowl is the NFL championship round, and the second half is the real super bowl.

Any of you guys want to set up a league that plays that way next year?

Warning - it's a pain in the butt. You have to score the games after the regular season by hand. But it's a whole different fantasy dynamic!

PFnV

yea i would join a league like that

Guess I'll have to post it again when it's BEFORE the season instead of at the end LOL. Okay NC, I'll count you in!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back