PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FAntasy Help Please... (maroney, dillon, etc)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

who the hell do i start in ffl?

• Maroney, Dillon, Ronnie Brown

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, Lamont Jordan

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Ronnie Brown, Dillon, Lamont Jordan

• Ronnie Brown, Maroney, Lamont Jordan

• Ronnie Brown, Dillon, Chester Taylor

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Dillon, Maroney, Chester Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dillon, Maroney, Lamont Jordan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey guys i need some help here

in my league i can start 3 runningbacks

so who do i start???

it's a mess.

Who's Maroney? I thought it was Mahoney.

Keegs said:
Hey guys i need some help here

in my league i can start 3 runningbacks

so who do i start???

it's a mess.
It might help to know who your RBs were in order to figure out who you should start. Depending on who else you have, I might say "start 'em both".

Your conundrum is the reason I stayed away from both of those guys in my draft. If it has to be one or the other, I would go with Dillon for now. Better to stick with the known quantity - but it's really almost a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the poll at the top of the page. You have a very difficult, nerve wracking decision to make..!! Brown and Chester could have monster days - or give you nothing at all :D

Last edited:
QuiGon said:
It might help to know who your RBs were in order to figure out who you should start. Depending on who else you have, I might say "start 'em both".

Your conundrum is the reason I stayed away from both of those guys in my draft. If it has to be one or the other, I would go with Dillon for now. Better to stick with the known quantity - but it's really almost a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the poll at the top of the page. You have a very difficult, nerve wracking decision to make..!! Brown and Chester could have monster days - or give you nothing at all :D
Theres a poll.

I have Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney, Chester Taylor, Ronnie Brown, Lamont Jordan, Joseph Addai.

I can start 3.

Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor and Maroney.

Brown, Dillon, Taylor

Guaranteed or your money back

Right now its a landslide 2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0...

I always go with clear starters vs. backs that split carries. With dual RB you run the risk of the other getting hot in a game and getting most the carries. Or one RB getting good yards then the other getting the receptions and TD's. If I had Maroney and Dillon I'd wait until one has a huge game, trade him because his stock will be high then keep the other as a backup.

jeffd said:
I always go with clear starters vs. backs that split carries. With dual RB you run the risk of the other getting hot in a game and getting most the carries. Or one RB getting good yards then the other getting the receptions and TD's. If I had Maroney and Dillon I'd wait until one has a huge game, trade him because his stock will be high then keep the other as a backup.
well yah, that and the raiders o seems to be my biggest problems.

however, im thrilled it appears the pats will split carries, I've been a huge supporter of that since the season started.

Dillon is way to valuable to not give him 10-20 carries a game.

Keegs said:
im thrilled it appears the pats will split carries, I've been a huge supporter of that since the season started.

Agreed in real life, not fantasy football

Keegs said:
Dillon is way to valuable to not give him 10-20 carries a game.

WRONG!!! If Dillons gets 2 ypc in the first quarter, while Maroney is getting 4-5 ypc then Dillon only gets 5-10 touches in the game. These two are interchangable they aren't separate role RB's. I love both these guys but they are terrible fantasy options unless they are your backups or you're desperate.

jeffd said:
Agreed in real life, not fantasy football

WRONG!!! If Dillons gets 2 ypc in the first quarter, while Maroney is getting 4-5 ypc then Dillon only gets 5-10 touches in the game. These two are interchangable they aren't separate role RB's. I love both these guys but they are terrible fantasy options unless they are your backups or you're desperate.
When i said he was too valuable to not give him 10-20 carries ii was referring to his performance against the bills and not fantasy football.

He looked like the dillon in 2004 who ran people over and always fell forward.

I like him in there more than Maroney.

Wow, this is a tough one. I avoided Dillon and Maroney like the plague due to the fact they are splitting carries. That being said, I think I like either of them better than Lamont Jordan.

Ceresco said:
Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor and Maroney.

ditto which is y i found it odd that choice wasnt even available

Last edited:
bakes781 said:
ditto which is y i found it odd that choice wasnt even available
damn i thought i had them all covered.

Why does ANYBODY draft a guy in a split backfield?!?!?!?!? Well, okay, in a big league you have to. But still.

Ronnie Brown and Chester Taylor are the locks. Anybody can have a bad day any given sunday, but these guys are "the man" in their respective offenses. Lamont Jordan too, but I can't bring myself to believe he's not vastly over-raided. Heh.

PFnV

Still not sure what group to go with, I am leaning heavily towards Dillon, Chester Taylor, and Ronnie Brown.

Does any of the Saturday crew have any thoughts on this?

Keegs said:
Still not sure what group to go with, I am leaning heavily towards Dillon, Chester Taylor, and Ronnie Brown.

Does any of the Saturday crew have any thoughts on this?

No help here ... I've got the same problem (Barber, Jackson, Gore, T. Jones - can only start 2) and (McAllister, B. Jacobs, Alexander, start 2)

Chevy said:
No help here ... I've got the same problem (Barber, Jackson, Gore, T. Jones - can only start 2) and (McAllister, B. Jacobs, Alexander, start 2)
If i were you i would start Steven Jackson and frank Gore.........
Tiki's playin philly, he loses goalline carries.
Gore was a monster and Jackson was great. They are playing each other.
I would go out to a bar and watch my runningbacks play each other, and get wasted. :D

Then i would start Mcallister and Alexander.
Deuce gets way more carries than jacobs, you can't just hope that he gets lucky and gets a goaline carry, and then hope that he gets a td.

Go with the guys that will be gettin the ball for the majority of the game.

Now will you please vote?

anyone? anyone/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes