PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fantasy Camp: Why just win when you can beat them and leave them for dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
There's something to be said for a great thread title. I couldn't think of one.

So I'm out tonight talking football with a couple guys from a local high school team (with a perfect season behind them - 0-6): A Cowboys fan with a place in his heart for the Saints, and Broncos fan who secretly loves the Ravens. We talked about their view of New England's season so far and the upcoming game.

It turns out that hatred for the Pats, at least by these two, sits on the same bench as respect. They are absolutely shocked at how well NE is doing compared to other teams suffering similar losses.

And they want us to pulverize the Colts. Not just win, but batter them and make them give up on their season. Then I thought about the times that I, the unsportseducated New England fan have wanted NE to kick one last FG just to seal the coffin on a game, instead of taking a knee. You know, like in Madden!! ;)

I believe all eyes will be on this game and in the hall of who our team is, this game is huge. Forget stats or standings. The Colts are desperate to prove they don't suck. Pardon the pedestrian terminology, but that's the bottom line. Do they suck this year or not? You can say out of sync, you can say rusty, whatever you like. Point is, this is game #8. The season is aging quickly. They want... no, they NEED to prove they don't suck. Not just to football fans, but to themselves.

New England will probably win by a TD or FG without a lot of trouble, imo. Say what you want, Cassel is a machine. In general he is accurate, tough, quick on his feet and has a short memory for sacks and INT's. And his weekly improvements are impressive. I believe he is spookier to the teams we face than we think.

And when we win, the media will say "neat, NE is 6-2" and then go on long rants about what's wrong with Indy. Is Peyton ok? Did they beat themselves? And so it will go.

But what if we win by 3 TD's or more? What if we find those exploitable match-up's to literally dominate this long-time foe? Should we take every point we can get, right to a field goal in under two minutes to play, even if we don't need it?

Maybe not, maybe we should just hope to keep the game close and have a respectable win.

For my part, I want to see our Patriots score, set personal bests where possible and literally send the Colts season spiraling out of control in front of the home crowd. I want the pundits to struggle fruitlessly to ignore the resurgent Patriots who have been devastated by key injuries and still managed to win CONVINCINGLY.

I want to see this team come back to the AFC battleground knowing they have left the Colts and their season for dead, with a thirst for blood.

q9um9edcag75cxf5a5xd.jpg

Last edited:
great thread **** the colts

so, you're saying Cassel will score more than 21 points by himself? Some might not agree with you :D

I on the other hand, will always be in fovor of scoring as many points as possible. Run it up, who cares. They all hate us anyways:rolleyes:

First, shame on you JSn for frequenting those kind of bars. :nono:
Second, it's never a question of running up the score. Indy is a wounded elephant, you'd better keep pumping rounds into the carcass until they stop twitching. That's not hate, that's a very healthy respect and always a little healthy fear.
Third, a Broncos fan who secretly admires the Ravens? Talk about a lost and confused soul! :eek:

Second, it's never a question of running up the score. Indy is a wounded elephant, you'd better keep pumping rounds into the carcass until they stop twitching. That's not hate, that's a very healthy respect and always a little healthy fear.
Third, a Broncos fan who secretly admires the Ravens? Talk about a lost and confused soul! :eek:

LOL. Nice imagery. I was thinking of a three-legged Bull Mastiff, but we're on the same page.

Along the lines of my little rant here, Fitzy's latest goes along nicely with the theme of "Kick Seyton in the nuts until he's a girl."

YouTube - Fitzy's Wicked Pissah Pats/Colts Webcast

Also, seems like the right time for a little more Dungy hate. Once again...

dmtv7ff7pn2scfxh0lv2.jpg

And when we win, the media will say "neat, NE is 6-2" and then go on long rants about what's wrong with Indy. Is Peyton ok? Did they beat themselves? And so it will go.

The media will not allow the Pats to win in this game. Regardless of the outcome, we will not get positive credit, only negative. A Pats win will be explained as a Colts team beating themselves. A Colts win will be explained as a team stepping up when it needed, finally starting to shake off the rust and announcing, "they're back".

The media will not allow the Pats to win in this game. Regardless of the outcome, we will not get positive credit, only negative. A Pats win will be explained as a Colts team beating themselves. A Colts win will be explained as a team stepping up when it needed, finally starting to shake off the rust and announcing, "they're back".

So what? Who gives a ****? This isn't college, you don't get invited a bowl game because the media thinks you are worthy. If they win they will be one step closer to at Lombardi.

100% agree. The Colts still have enough weapons (and have proven it this year and years past) to come back from just about ANY deficit. I wouldn't feel good about a lead until the clock says 4th 0:00. If you can push that lead to 28 with half a quarter to play instead of 21, all the better. You know Manning's not going to stop throwing.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Box too. If anyone needs examples, even this year, of how dangerous that filthy team is, just look at what happened to the Vikings in the last few minutes of their game and even worse, what happened to the Texans.
Keep pumping rounds into the Colts until there is nothing left of Polians comb over.

So what? Who gives a ****? This isn't college, you don't get invited a bowl game because the media thinks you are worthy. If they win they will be one step closer to at Lombardi.

Exactly, I can't stand most media sources and talking heads, both sports and political. They have an agenda, and never seem to be fair in their reporting. That's why I get my information from places like PatsFans.com, from talking to others.

100% agree. The Colts still have enough weapons (and have proven it this year and years past) to come back from just about ANY deficit. I wouldn't feel good about a lead until the clock says 4th 0:00. If you can push that lead to 28 with half a quarter to play instead of 21, all the better. You know Manning's not going to stop throwing.

Good post. I firmly believe this Colts team will fight the entire game tomorrow regardless of the score. I have also seen enough comebacks from this team to believe till the clock is 0:00.

The Pats will fight as well and don't get me wrong, I am not saying they can't do the same.

As soon as we lost to the Bears I was comparing this current Colts squad to the 1995 Colts.

This Colts team will win more games other than the Texans and Vikings games that make people say they had no business winning it.

Which games or when? No idea. Thats what makes this team so interesting. Nobody knows what to expect. I don't think anyone can predict this team at all. I know I can't.

Do the Pats have the knockout punch capability or will the Colts punch them harder and say "not yet, we ain't done."

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing