PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Petition Update 8/4 - FUA issues official press release + Letter to Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay hit me back either here or in a conversation & we can talk about the ultimate goal - it seems to be getting things to go viral, and I can't claim to be a genius in that realm... but what's the end game? A bunch of Pats fans being pissed? What's the strategy on Twitter, if there is one? (I know that Twitter's better for unfolding "right now" events, so I would save it for that... but better to be ready than not...)

So think of the calendar of events for use of the hash-tag: We'll have the Brady "reconsideration" result, we'll have the first game back, we'll have anything being tweeted by the sports media (mainly small-ball stuff without many followers).

You'll need intelligent response tweets that can't look like spam, and you'll want to drive other people on twitter to your hash-tag. The thing is if it works, you need to be constantly monitoring the hash-tag and responding - with any luck, bringing in new folks to drive to the FB page/petition. Since you're repackaging news, not breaking it, it seems like twitter will work mainly as a response to other outlets.

Your memes could drive traffic to the FB page and/or the petition - right now they're sending people to #TheBigLie... but at the twitter hashtag, can they do anything but vent? And is anybody hanging out just talking about this in a vacuum in 140-character chunks? Or will it only heat up, with some planning, in response to other "breaking news"?

Seems like your ultimate goal is signatures, and therefore congressional action or at least "debate." As I said I don't claim to be a social media genius... but where you ultimately want people is signing the petition, if you think that - ultimately - political action is likely to shape events (Arlen Spector definitely thought it was worth going that route anti-Pats during the cameragate thing). So maybe the memes should drive traffic to the petition, not the hash-tag?

I dunno. I am an old man just thinking out loud.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

If this works it seems it'll go away in an hour. It's the "One does not simply walk into Mordor" guy saying

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY IGNORE THE IDEAL GAS LAW

FB: FANS UNITED FOR ACCOUNTABILITY

Last edited:
Ya he definitely has his own agenda and does not like it is you go against him. I'm not very vocal on the Facebook page but yet I was added to his new page "The Elite Generals of the Patriots Nation".

If your goal is to put public and political pressure on Goodell, you are going to need at least some moderate support from non Patriot fans. Chiuba's "please let me show you why we are upset" method is one that could achieve that. It is not in your face, it is not filled with F bombs and it does not come across as some kind of crazed tyrannical lunatic. If Nate K's methods were successful enough to garner any kind of media attention his facebook page would instantly turned into bulletin board fodder for any media outlet to use as a tool to ruin his credibility. I can't imagine a politician or scientist taking a look at that facebook page and thinking, "yeah I'm putting my name behind that guy". I do wish him the best and hope he's successful but I just can't see that method working.

I'm liking it too. Chiuba goes 0-60 pretty damn fast, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots