PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Fans' that don't know the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavtroop

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So on a car forum that I frequent, there is a general purpose NFL thread, where a bunch of fans are going back and forth and having a discussion. As can be guessed, the level of discourse isn't very high. It seems that most of these fans don't really know the game very well, they just know their team and thats about it.

This one Baltimore fan is predicting a major BAL blowout next weekend, and everyone is taking him for a savant because he correctly predicted all four games this weekend. even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then I guess.

As for me, sure the Pats might lost this game, but no way in heck is it a 25pt blowout by the Ravens. I'm predicting Pats 31-24. If the Pats lose, they lose in a close game by a FG or last minute TD.

No real point to this thread, just how frustrating it is to try to have intelligent football talk with people that really don't know the game, but think they do (like some of the trolls around here :p).

As for me, sure the Pats might lost this game, but no way in heck is it a 25pt blowout by the Ravens. I'm predicting Pats 31-24. If the Pats lose, they lose in a close game by a FG or last minute TD..

Wow, you think its going to be that close? You tell him I said 31 -13 Pats.

I am going with 38-13 Pats

Wow, you think its going to be that close? You tell him I said 31 -13 Pats.

No, I don't think so. But the Ravens have a propensity to play us tough, so that's my prediction. A NE blowout wouldn't surprise me, nor would a closer game, but there is a 0% chance of a BAL blowout :)

So I threw a bunch of stats at him - season averages, averages over the last 6 and 4 games for both teams - all of which show the Pats in a MUCH better light than the Ravens. His response?

"Stats schmats. You can cite statistics until your head turns blue. Trust me, the Ravens will have no problem beating the Patriots. That's a fact and that's the only stat that you need. "

Yeah, I'm done with that thread....

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back