PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fans Live Reactions to Malcolm Butler INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris' tone made it clear that he was chiding the Patriots for their embarrassing behavior.

No. The Seahwaks had nothing to lose and the Patriots had everything to lose at that point.

It's an age old tactic for a team about to lose, who has no other options, to try to start a fight in desperation. If the Pats got some personal fouls there, the ball could have been brought back to the danger area again.

That's all Collinsworth was saying there.

His and Michaels' long Deflategate discussion with 3 minutes to go in a nailbiter of a SuperBowl was far, far worse.

That's all Collinsworth was saying there.

I listened to that several times, that wasn't all he was saying, IMO. Everyone I was watching with came away with the same impression.

Edit: Not saying that wasn't part of it, but considering the Seahawks clearly started it and it would be, at worst, offsetting penalties, the melodrama was over the top if that was his entire point.

Last edited:
I didn't understand Collinsworth's criticism of the Patriots during the fight at the end of the game.

"If you're Seattle, whatever. But if you're the Patriots, you don't throw a punch!"

Huh? The Patriots have the ball up by 4 points with 10 seconds left in the game and the other team is taking cheap shots. What harm can come from the Patriots standing up for themselves?

Just one parting shot at the Pats by Cris before they get handed the Lombardi
I think that it was pretty clear that he just meant that it would be very stupid for the Patriots to get a penalty that would take them back close to the goal line after the encroachment by the defense. No reason to hit the 'Hawks back and risk a stupid penalty and them making a play.

This thread shouldn't be beyond page 1 until at least august.

Maybe I'm a bad person but I enjoy seeing the hawk fans reactions more, cause they make it easy to hate on them.

I hadn't watched any of the Hawks' fans reaction until the two above were posted ; let's just say I feel their pain — but better them than us. Anyway, in searching for videos I came across this:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/01/2...new-england-patriots-super-bowl-49-prediction

EA Sports Madden game sim from Jan. 26. Has the Pats down 24-14 before coming back to win 28-24. Edelman's game-winning route even looks familiar.

Not sure how this isn't viral lol

Lmao!! I think that's exactly how we all felt towards somebody rooting for the Seahawks, at a Superbowl part...CLASSIC LINE "SUCK ITTTTTT!!!" Lmao!!

Anyone see this yet? (also, I don't know why but my original post of a video got deleted):

Anyone see this yet? (also, I don't know why but my original post of a video got deleted):

"F**k you Belichick. F***ing cheater"

If this weren't all rehearsed I would consider what happened next immediate karmic payback. Aw well **** them and all the other haters and slanderers.

No. The Seahwaks had nothing to lose and the Patriots had everything to lose at that point.

It's an age old tactic for a team about to lose, who has no other options, to try to start a fight in desperation. If the Pats got some personal fouls there, the ball could have been brought back to the danger area again.

As a minor point, the absolute worst that could have happened to the Patriots at that juncture is that they would have ended up back at the 3. And that would require that the Pats get flagged for a foul while the Seahawks weren't.

If both sides were flagged for PFs, they'd offset, and they'd replay the down from the 6.

[The only case where one penalty stands and another penalty for the other team goes away is 15 v. 5.]

Lol, that video is so stupid it's funny. Showing Brady jumping up and down and Sherman face is priceless.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes