PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fan Loyalty Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will excuse me if i think we support the pats more than Texas supports the Texans.

Dolphins better fans...no thankyou!!!!!!!!!

desi-patsfan said:
You will excuse me if i think we support the pats more than Texas supports the Texans.

I haven't examined their ratings criteria.

I can't figure out how if we're sold out every game, the average attendence is 62,000.

Weird.

Look at the methodology. We rank 31st in 'difficulty' because we're an affluent, large market which negates all the positive (% attendance) factors.

Slagathor said:
I haven't examined their ratings criteria.

I can't figure out how if we're sold out every game, the average attendence is 62,000.

Weird.

Look up 'attendance' and think red seat yuppie scum

Hey, how about a ranking of the local sports media loyalty ?

R

I love it the Colts are 25th and the Bears are 27. I hate them both (I'm from the midwest so thats where the Bears come into play.)

PatsWickedPissah said:
Look up 'attendance' and think red seat yuppie scum

I figured it out.

The attendence was averaged from 1996-2005.

Slagathor said:
I figured it out.

Yes, but not quite...
A game can be 'sold out' but attendance lower as the beautiful red seat and corporate seat people stay home in inclement weather.

desi-patsfan said:
Yes, but did New England support the Pats when they were 2-14 as much as Texas supported the Texans last year...? I don't think so.

It's a reasonably fair poll. There are tons of loyal, faithful fans in this forum but let's face it... New Englanders are notorious front runners. Sorry, fellas, but it's true. Look no further than the front page of today's Globe to see how Red Sox ticket prices have plummeted over the past 2 weeks.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Yes, but not quite...
A game can be 'sold out' but attendance lower as the beautiful red seat and corporate seat people stay home in inclement weather.

The thing is the old Foxboro stadium only had 60,000+ seats.

That skews the average. If we had Gillette during the enitire period you could bump the average attendence by 5% at least.

QuiGon said:
Yes, but did New England support the Pats when they were 2-14 as much as Texas supported the Texans last year...? I don't think so.

It's a reasonably fair poll. There are tons of loyal, faithful fans in this forum but let's face it... New Englanders are notorious front runners. Sorry, fellas, but it's true. Look no further than the front page of today's Globe to see how Red Sox ticket prices have plummeted over the past 2 weeks.

I agree. I have a ton of respect for the loyal fans of teams which don't have a tradition of winning (ie. Cincy, Houston etc.).

Recent years have been glorious ones for the Patriots, with three Super Bowl crowns in the past half-decade. Who couldn't root for a team like that?

I think that sums up the Pats ranking. I'm curious what the Patriots ranking would be from 1980-1990.

Yeah, this really shouldn't surprise people who were fans in the 80s and early 90s....when we had to listed to home games on radio because not enough tickets were sold to lift the television blackout. And the team almost moved three times.

the Pats have the third largest market behind New York and Chicago, since Frisco/Oakland and Washington/Baltimore are split.

QuiGon said:

That is horribly innacurate.

Sold out since 1993 season. Didn't win our first championship still 2001.

That doesn't sound like bandwagon to me. There aren't very many perrenial sub-500 teams that are gonna be selling out every year.

You don't have to look any farther than this forum. Most days this preseason, there were 300+ people on line weekdays. Since the Red Sox got swept by the yankees, we are regularly 400+

R

We need more Homers.

Homerville is a very small town. It's should be a large city.

Slagathor said:
I figured it out.

But how does this figure Cleveland- do they just use 1999-2005? That might skew things, too (more weight on their first couple of years back, with higher attendance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots