Welcome to PatsFans.com

Familys Wins $9K for Dog Shot by Police

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 29, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

March 19, 2008
    http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/familyswins9kfordogshotbypolic
  2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I can pretty much guarantee if he'd shot my little dog you'd hear more on the cop's video than "oh my god you shot my dog".
    I can also promise that at some point between then and now that cop would've been found severely injured.
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

BTW:
    Last year, the trooper who was found guilty of excessive force (not the guy who shot the dog) was promoted
    http://state.tn.us/safety/newsreleases/2007/070319ProfessionalStandards.html

I wonder if his conviction will affect his career at all?
  4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

These wonderful men would qualify as fascist pigs or bullies with badges if you like.
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I surrender.
    :D

Narrowly--because I googled the cops names and read a bunch of different news sources before I commented.

;)
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 1 / -7

Thats a tough one, that is a Cop whose gun should be replaced with a typewriter.

I know this sounds like a right wing Nazi question but has the answer The Cop Gave to the big question ever been made public,
    "WHT DID YOU SHOOT THE DOG"--:confused:

This cop should not be allowed on the streets carrying any type of weapon, and this story should be told to every recruit in every police academy in America.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

They also got $77,000 from the city for compensation for the actions of their oficers, as well, according to the video. Stupid fu(kin cops!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That was for the knee injury suffered when he was pushed down when he tried to get up to get his dog before the critter was shot.

A judge wouldn't let them sue individually claiming their civil rights were violated though. I don't get that. Cops shouldn't be allowed to drag you out of your car and make you lay down on a road unless they're 100% sure you did whatever it is.

Apparently both cops had a pretty rough time of it after though. One of the stories I read had a quote that people around there wanted to string them both up.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Their civil rights were violated. Their main problem at the time of the offenses, was that they got out of the car in the first place. They are under no legal obligation to do so. Most people don't know that and have been conditioned to do whatever the police tell them to do. You never have to get out of your car. The police can drag you out, of course, if they are so convinced that it is necessary. Police policy is now geared to the complicity of people to do whatever they are told.

People just don't know their rights.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

It's good work if yo can get it. Then people wonder why governments are going broke, and the working man is suffering.

State cops taking home six-figure pay checks

By Jessica Fargen
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 - Updated 4d 0h ago

Nearly half the state police payroll brought home six-figure paychecks last year - a 6 percent boost over the previous year - thanks to generous contractual pay bumps, overtime and lucrative police detail work, according to a Herald review.

The salary of every state police officer is listed on the Herald’s online state payroll database, which was updated yesterday with the salaries of 92,000 employees. A Herald review of the 2008 state payroll shows:

• The number of staties with base salaries of more than $100,000 jumped from 58 in 2007 to 97 in 2008.

• 1,376 of all 2,983 staties - or about 46 percent - made more than $100,000 in 2007 when OT was included. That’s up from 40 percent in 2006.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1083115