Welcome to PatsFans.com

Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Hit us with a Comet, please! This planet is done.

Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough

A family of four with a combined weight of 83 stone say they are "too fat to work" and need more than the £22,000 they currently receive in benefits.

By Urmee Khan
    Last Updated: 4:12PM GMT 17 Mar 2009

[​IMG]
    Philip Chawner, 53, and his 57-year-old wife Audrey weigh 24st. Their daughter Emma, 19, weighs 17st, while her older sister Samantha, 21, weighs 18st.

The family from Blackburn claim £22,508 a year in benefits, equivalent to the take-home pay from a £30,000 salary.

No more pies for public sector workersThe Chawners, haven't worked in 11 years, claim their weight is a hereditary condition and the money they receive is insufficient to live on.

Mr Chawner said: "What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."

Their daughter Samantha receives £84 in Jobseekers' Allowance each fortnight while Emma, who is training to be a hairdresser, gets £58 every two weeks under a hardship fund for low-income students. Emma, said: "I'm a student and don't have time to exercise" she said "We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."

Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough - Telegraph

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

"We deserve more". That's where we're heading too. No-one "deserves" anyone to give them anything, they should thank their lucky stars for what they get.

3. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lmao,

I would drop these ppl off in south america and let thouse crayz cannibal tribes have at them......what a joke these ppl are this is why I hope the bible is true cause we need to clean the earth of these pathetic human beings.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

3000 calories a day.......

so much for the hereditary part..........put one of the daughters in a fat farm for a few months and then lets have a look

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

My God, that is the ugliest group of people I have ever seen.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

The f--king slobs haven't got any money because they spend it all on food, imagine what those fat bastards must eat for breakfast, 13 doz eggs, 76 doughnuts, 23 loaves of bread and a whole f-cking pig (ham bacon)

The old man must have to "plunge" the toilet all day after they get through sh!tting.

Oh jesus christ

7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was going to make a smart @$$ comment but I couldn't think of anything. "We deserve more" Oh the nerve... :D

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

She's a student learning to be a hairdresser so she doesn't have time to exercise........right. Pay her:rolleyes:.......I wonder if tankedasusual is tanked as usual? Let's find out. Hey tanked, would ya?? :singing:

9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I have a cousin thats married to someone like this. In fact shes bigger/fatter than anyone of those pictured, maybe 5'2 350+ :eek: We call he Pizza the Hut ,she makes plenty of shade. She spends all her time combing the net for signs and symptoms of different diseases and then goes to the Dr. and says i have this or i have that. Neither one of them works, they live off of her disability checks. And shes good enough at it to live fairly well, although i or anyone else in the family has had any contact with them for years (despicable nasty women) i still think they live like they always have.
    They also have two disabled kids( that they collect for) because of her stupidity. She graduated form the six or eighth grade but thinks she knows more than any DR. that tried to guide her discisions.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

We gotta help these people though. It's not their fault.

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Imagine the epic struggle over the last slice of pizza in that house.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

The sad part is, these people get taxpayer money, and they aren't the only one's who do. Not only do they recieve benefits, but they will do so for life. Why would you bother getting into shape, or trying to look for a job, when you can eat yo-yo's, and donuts all day, and be paid for it to boot!

13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Whats even worse RW is the cost in medical payments we also have to make. When someone is that big they are susceptible to all kinds of health problems. Diabetes, heart problems ,peripheral vascular disorders etc. and of course guess who pays for the treatment. :rolleyes: Living like that is worse than smoking.

14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Just imagine four sumo wrestlers running into each other in a small room. ;)

15. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I used to be 300+ pounds, and I'm 5'11". I busted my *****, ate better, and started doing mma, now I run 5ks and am around 200 (sometimes under sometimes over). I used to eat so much. I know some people do have legitmate problems that cause wegiht gain, but it's very, very few. I have sympathy for some of them but only to a point. And that point certainly isn't giving them money from the great nanny state.

The only thing the gov't should get these barn animals is a treadmill.

16. Reaper

Reaper Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a not right, I bet you they have house and in no worries of losing it and other people that are working and trying to make a living are losing there houses right now. They should get thrown in the water have them race each the winner gets fed.

17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Who they?.........

18. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Translated:

This is not right. I bet you they have a house and have no worries of losing it while others whom are working and trying to make a living are losing their homes. These people should be thrown into water and forced to race. The winner gets the money.

I think.

19. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Well, the article got the response it sought.

One guy here says he hopes the bible is true because we need to wipe the earth clean of these people. See that wasn't in my bible (though I only use version 1.0, never got the upgrade.) Still I don't remember Jesus saying that fat people needed to be wiped off the earth either. Huh weird.

By the way I agree they're not too fat to work, and they're among those we alllll just love to hate, the slothful indigents who've given up and are living off the system.

These are the guys that the rabid right sees hiding around every corner, just ready to give up at a moment's notice. They're siphoning alllllll the hard-earned money from their hard-working pocket blah blah blah. But the reality is they're a tiny minority.

But it's pretty telling how much vitriol one can elicit by combining the deadly sin of gluttony with the deadly sin of sloth. By the way, wrath is on the list as well guys.

PS, no way those guys are eating "only" 3000 calories per day. 2000 is considered fairly moderate... I don't think 3000 gets them where they are.

PFnV

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

I've weighed 151 lbs since I was 8 years old.