Welcome to PatsFans.com

Family Values

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

LOL. Rangel's having fun with those self-righteous hypocrites who hide out in the Republican Party. Maybe now more religious Christians will see the Republican Party for what it really is.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

WASHINGTON (CNN) — New York Rep. Charlie Rangel, a prominent supporter of Hillary Clinton, sharply criticized Republican presidential frontrunner Rudy Giuliani's personal life Monday, highlighting the fact that the former New York City mayor and his wife have each been married three times.

"Two people, six spouses. It's a little complicated if you're not religious, especially if you're running against a Mormon," Rangel told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a reference to Giuliani's chief rival, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. For the record, Romney has only been married once.

"I think America has to look at all these things, and there are enough moles on this man that embarrasses those of us who have sought public life," the 19-term New York congressman added. "When we get involved in public life, it means we're in a goldfish bowl. It would seem to me, with all the breaks the mayor had, being involved with his personal problems, he would thank God he's gotten as far as he did go without making the politicians get involved in his personal life."

Rangel brushed aside the notion that criticizing Giuliani's personal life exposes Hillary Clinton to similar criticism. The former first lady’s own marital troubles have been well documented.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

By putting this POS up as the front-runner, the Rep's are conceeding this election to Hill. They want no part of this next term or the one after that. I'm surprised the dems want any part of it either. Talk about walking into a mine field set up by Bush and his pasty-faced freaky friends.

3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 14 / -2

"Family values"=I hate gays, interracial marriage, and any people exercising their freedom because I am a repressed, religion-filled bag of hot air who fears anything I don't take the time to understand. Which is pretty much everything.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

These moves will haunt the Republican Party..

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Two people six spouses, sounds like a couple of Hollywood Democrats to me.
    :singing: :singing:

6. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's not very diverse and open-minded of you. Besides, I know plenty of religious/conservative type people, and to my knowledge, none of them hate gays, hate interracial marriage, or people exercising freedom.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

But the term 'family values' was often used as a code for, No to affirmative action, No to welfare programs that help blacks, No to civil rights for gays, etc. Of course, there are many religious conservatives whose thinking is more profound, but the Republican Party has often played the race card and the homophobia card to appeal to a disgraceful part of their base.

8. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree with that. That's the nature of both political parties however. They'll both make blanket statements about their policies, then say if you don't support them that you're immoral, a racist, a bigot, etc.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

There are many times that basic common sense and human nature are twisted and used by the Militant Left Wing to accuse a person of Racism & Homophobia.

When "White People Cluster Together" it is called "racism"
    When "Straight People Cluster Together" it is called "homophobia"

When "Minority's Cluster Together" SILENCE
    When "Homosexuals Cluster Together" SILENCE

The "Double Standard" runs rampant in Left Wing America.
    :bricks:

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

I think that's part of that debate & discussion, (in)tolerance stuff I keep hearing about.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

See, to some people, only one side is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. They point to pedophiles in one party, and then defend those inside their own. They point to racists in another party, but vote to elect those in their own. These people are what you call sheep. They're the people who call an Albert Haynesworth on the Titans a chump, for stomping on someone's head during a game, but never mention Seymour doing the same. They criticize some guy for having 3 wives, or cheating on the one he has, but talk proudly about their man who sends limo's to pick up his married mistress. They flash the finger to Shawn Merriman, but wear their safety's jersey with pride. baaaaaaaaaaa.....:D

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Another Jew-hating CBC member opens his mouth and is not challenged. Guess if your a black congressman you assume you are teflon, and scream racism as soon as anyone challenges your asinine dribblings than come from your hate-filled pie hole, PC people must die.

13. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah I know. I just try to be the reminder of that other side of eeeeeevil. And for the record, I do wear 37 every sunday with pride and will continue to do so :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Many Blacks use their skin color as a weapon that in itself is racist and if a white person has the audacity to "talk back" it is whitey who is attacked and called racist.

This creep Charlie Rangel who is supporting Pant Suit Hillary has a lot of nerve to publicly criticize somebody that has more than one spouse with all the immoral, lying, cheating, back stabbing, dishonest baggage that those F-cking Rotten Clintons carry around with them.

Be careful how you handle Rangel though, remember he is Black, one wrong word can put you on the Racist List.

We all saw what they did to Imus & The Duke Players.

Chris Rock & Eddie Murphy call me and my family "White Mother F-ckers" and thats supposed to be hillarious.

Imagine Bob Hope calling them "B---- Mother F-ckers" I don't even dare do it.

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Sooner the better! Multi-culturalists too.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

I love #37, but I can call a spade a spade is all I'm saying. Being a Yankee fan from Boston, who roots for all the other home laundry, keeps me grounded in the homerism department. Some of my friends who are all Boston, all the time, are so homer it's pathetic. For example, Sunday night a bunch of them were talking about how awesome JD Drew is. Why? Cuz he hit a grand slam in a 10-2 shillacking. Forget the miserable season he had, JD Drew is the man! Great signing, a total bargain and steal! :eek:

17. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm with you there. Drew had a poor season and the price they paid was not worth it. But I can't tell you that I didn't love him that night either haha. As for Harrison, he realized he messed up and he paid for it. For all I've read about that he's done for his family, charity, and being a general role model (besides the HGH thing), I still have enormous amounts of respect for him.

Oh wait this thread is about family values. Umm... they're good!

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

He's one of my favorite Patriots, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him when I it reported. That doesn't mean I no longer hold him in high regard. He's human, and human beings do exactly what you said, and that's make mistakes. As for Drew, when they signed him I was perplexed. Sure, he's a great OBP guy, and that'd be great if they were looking to bat him 2nd, but they weren't. The Sox were looking for a bat behind Manny in the 5 spot. Drew makes a better 1 or 2 hitter than he does a 5. He's a decent player, but he's always hurt, had questions about his make up, and was in no way deserving of a 5 year $70 million deal. you know, Theo is a lot like Cashman. Each has a very good eye for minor league talent, but their major league free agent signings sometimes boggle the mind.

19. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

As I understand it, Drew and Daisuke have the same agent, and the Sox picked up his contract in hopes of getting leverage for Daisuke. To me, that's a very likely scenario.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

I'd vote for you :rocker: