Falcons owner Blank says Brady ruling is 'unhealthy' for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/football/blank-said-brady-ruling-is-unhealthy-for-nfl/nnX4P/

“I would have rather seen it end with a positive ruling for the NFL,” Blank said. “I understand why the commissioner and the league feel as strongly as it does about trying to protect the rights that for decades have been collectively bargained. I think that is important.

“I don’t think they should be re-bargained in a federal court. Having said that, I think the commissioner and the ownership around the league have to be prepared to look at things, look at change and change may be appropriate.”

Thes guys are scum. Bob Kraft included. The only thing that will bring them back down to earth is the threat of revoking the anti trust exemption they all enjoy.

Arthur Blank: piping in crowd noise is ok

Hahaha.... Indeed.

I will say that this is one of the first public "rebukes" from the ownership that I've heard on this. Perhaps Unkle Rog's house of cards will eventually come down after all.

Here's hoping anyway :D

Arthur Blank: piping in crowd noise is ok

Not only that, but they got a slap on the wrist and were allowed to blame a 'rouge' employee with no assumption of guilt involved. If the Falcons situation were like the Pats, they would have been largely fined and lost a 1st and 4th. The commissioner would force an expensive, time-consuming investigation that comes up with a clearly biased report claiming Matt Ryan was aware the sound guy pumped in noise because he signed a hat for the guys daughter and Ryan made a 'raise the roof' motion on the sideline after a Falcons sack, clearly indicating he wanted more noise on the speakers.

A.sshole thinks that Berman should've ruled in favor of the Commissioner. He cleary doesn't give a damn about what's fair for the players or how Brady ought to have been treated better.

I swear, these owners must be brainwashed. They don't seem to think that Goodell is the problem, and they seem more frightened by the Player's Association than anything else.

What a shame.

I'm building an aquarium stand. What does that have to do with this you say?

I almost went to Home Depot to get the wood today. Something told me to go to Lowes instead. :D

Glad I did. F*ck that cheater Blank.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Blank ownes Lowes. Wait! Lowes is German for lion. Blanks name is Schlange (snake)

Two words....suck it

You guys are being a bit unfair, with regards to this article:

“It’s not healthy for the NFL to be in the kind of litigious position that it’s been for last several years,” Blank said. “I think that the commissioner is working hard to hold up the respect and integrity of the game, the competitive balance of the game and the shield. Having said that, I think we have to find ways to get to a better place sooner with the NFLPA than the process that we’ve gone through.”

Here, he's talking about years and, obviously, multiple issues.

“This deflategate thing which isn’t about deflatedgate any longer, it’s about what has been collectively negotiated for decades in terms of the commissioner’s responsibility in terms of disciplining players,” Blank said. “If we have to look at that differently in today’s light, in today’s environment, as an ownership group we should be prepared to do that. The commissioner should be prepared to do that.”

Here, he's basically saying that they need to address the confrontational situation with the NFLPA.

In other words, the owners are starting to walk back from the "Screw you guys, Roger's king" position they took in the CBA negotiations. Unfortunately, they aren't doing it because it's morally correct, and they won't do what should actually be done (completely remove the league from any non-NFL issues, install mutually chosen 3rd party arbitrators as the appeals court to Rodger's lower court), but at least it's a start.

He's right that it's unhealthy for the NFL. He's still missing the point in that he hasn't quite figured out whose feet the blame lays at. To his credit he seems to be at least part way there, isn't laying this entirely on Brady from the looks of it. But this one's on Goodell, plain and simple. With a competent commissioner, this story is over and buried in January.

The NFL is going to implode in most of our lifetimes. The owners are just terrible.

I'm a history buff.

Great commissioners like Bert Bell, Pete Rozelle, Paul Tagilbue. Then Roger Goodell tries to fix what ain't broke.

{broken English, like Billy Crystal}

2337-2.jpg

In my country, we broke - really.

To my suprise, we got a nice guy as a leader once.

gorbachev.jpg

See futbol injuries on his forehead? That was from growing up playing great Russian game from scrimmage.

Like Comrade Goodell, he make lots and lots of changes. Like you Americans say, the rest is history.

One difference between him and your futbol Tsar - you could do business with this man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back