Fair Trade proposal: Branch for Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Straight up!

Would you do it?

I wouldn't do it. But here's one I would do. This may sound crazy, but I'd send him to Arizona for Bryant Johnson. He could easily match Deion's numbers here as the number 1 WR, and Branch would be stuck as a number 3 in the desert. :)

Depends on porters contract in comparison to what branch wants. In any deal made involving Branch, a reciever needs to come our way one way or another.

TNPatsFan said:
I wouldn't do it. But here's one I would do. This may sound crazy, but I'd send him to Arizona for Bryant Johnson. He could easily match Deion's numbers here as the number 1 WR, and Branch would be stuck as a number 3 in the desert. :)

I always liked Bryant Johnson (Is he KC RB Larry Johnson's brother ?). But he was drafted AHEAD of Boldin, and Boldin has made him look like garbage. Bryant Johnson plus a pick would do it for me.

I want to Branch :snob: :snob:

I love Branch, but i'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

Branch and a draft pick for Anquan Boldin!! :rocker:

Jerry Porter is awful.

As much as I hate him I would trade Branch for Joey Porter although no way Pittsburgh would ever do it.

huskeralk said:
Branch and a draft pick for Anquan Boldin!! :rocker:

Why would the Cards do that, Bouldin is on his rookie contract and Branch would eat up cap rooom and isn't as good.

In terms of statistics, age, where they were`drafted (both 2nd round).
Very fair.

I suspect that money for Porter would be a sticking point.

Wouldn't a better move be to promise we won't franchise Deion nad get one really good year out of him. He would be very motivated to have acareer year to get himself big $$$$ next year

patsfan13 said:
Why would the Cards do that, Bouldin is on his rookie contract and Branch would eat up cap rooom and isn't as good.
Oh hell, I didn't know we had to be reasonable. :D

Original draft position means nothing in terms of how these players compare to one another.

Statistics are useful, but not the end-all in terms of which WR is better.

Branch is a far better WR than Porter.

As stated in the other thread, if they traded Branch for Porter straight up, I would puke... eat it... and puke again.

Last edited by a moderator:
hell no thats a joke trade

No way. Branch knows the system. Porter would take half the season to get acclimated.

scott99 said:
I always liked Bryant Johnson (Is he KC RB Larry Johnson's brother ?). But he was drafted AHEAD of Boldin, and Boldin has made him look like garbage. Bryant Johnson plus a pick would do it for me.

Larry has a younger brother named Tony who played WR for PSU. He was a year younger and played opposite of Bryant. He was as good as him if not better, but the following year after Larry graduated and ran for 2K as well as Bryant going Pro, Tony was AWFUL and got busted for a DWI and killed his draft status. If you can't tell, I went to PSU will all of them, Larry was a D1CK for the record, very pompous, his brother Tony was the coolest. Long story short, Bryant is NOT a very good WR, I watched him in NCAA and I watch him now, nothing has changed, his only talent was to jump over smaller less athletic CB's in college and it has not carried over into the Pros. Now if Fitzgerald or Boldin wanted to come to the Pats, I'm cool with that.

One un-happy player for another?? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

feelthepain said:
One un-happy player for another?? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

It made perfect sense when we traded for Dillon 3 years ago, though we gave Cincy a pick, not a player.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
It made perfect sense when we traded for Dillon 3 years ago, though we gave Cincy a pick, not a player.

Dillion wanted to be on a wining team. I'm not sure that matters to Porter nearly as much as how much money he's making..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes