Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fair and Balanced

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

OK, Fox shouldn't call themselves Fair and Balanced. But they are no worse than, say, MSNBC.

Have you watched Chris Mathews recently ? He's about as F&B as O'Reilly now. Remember how he used to fill every show with Plume-gate ? And he never mentioned it again once it wasn't who he wanted. Never mentioned it.

And after him comes Olberman who is so much further unbalanced than Hannity or O'Reilly it's not even funny. You liberals may not notice as you agree with him but he is, bar none, not even close, the biggest partisan hack ever.

The only thing to MSNBC's credit is that they do have a good Libertarian (Tucker Carlsson) on too :)

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Ariana Huffington did a lot for her wealth, she phuked a rich guy, dumb C unt can't even speak english. Yet we are supposed to believe some "dan rather looking" memo?

Ok, I believe it:rofl: You got them Ariana, you and Maher!

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

The people voted, they went for the Liberal Democrats BIG TIME, now they will have to live with what they got and what they deserve.

The liberals democrats all across America will now slither out from under their rocks and show their TRUE COLORS, they won't hold anything back.

The Liberal Democrats are the Nastiest, Jealous, Hateful, Biased Bastards on this planet.

You will soon see, Aunt Smiley Pelosi started acting up only hours after the polls closed.

You Got Em, Now Live With It.

STOP THE WAR NOW, BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW, F-CK IRAQ AND ALL THEIR PEOPLE, THEY HATE US.

FREE SADDAM
    bricks

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've never really watched Mathews; but he's Irish. So he can't be all bad. As to Keith Olberman, I say that when fury is called for, be furious. The buffoon in the White House has got us so far up the creek it'll take decades to get back to where we were. The media people who aren't furious about that are liars.

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Well Furious Democrats to you are Partisan Republicans to you. All I'm trying to say is that the Liberals rip on Fox, Hannity and O'Reilly while celebrating those who are more partisan on their side.

If it's wrong for one side it's wrong for the other. And if it's OK for one side it's OK for the other.

7. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just because Olberman has called Bush monumentally stupid doesn't automatically permit Hannity or Limbaugh to pick someone on the left and call them monumentally stupid. It doesn't work that way. There has to be someone as monumentally stupid on the left for it to be proper and nobody on the left has even approached Bush's stupidity in decades. This isn't little league. There's no mercy rule.

8. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is what I think the "liberal" Democrats will do:

(1) Repeal the tax-cut for the richest top 1% American

(2) Reduce taxes for middle-class Americans

(3) Raise minimum wage for the lowest income Americans

(4) Restore college loans and aids for students

(5) Restore cuts in medical care for veterans

(6) Cut budget deficit and impose fiscal discipline

(7) Tighten up the borders and no amnesty for illegal aliens

(8) Shift resources from Iraq to Afghanistan/Pakistan to fight terrorists and capture Osama Bin Laden

(9) Restore ethics and integrity in government.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

The fact that you're too blind to see Olberman's insane partisanship isn't my problem, it's yours. I don't deny that O'Reilly and Hannity are on the other side - the fact that you guys can't admit that Olberman is on the other side is pitiful.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

The issue is polarization and politicization of every issue, it seems that everything has become political from that antics of the left coast to every media story. At one time, although there was always bias, there was at least an attempt to balance the news.. no more, we choose what we read based on our preference and what we want for the outcome. It has gotten worse look at Rush Limbaugh, Drudge, Raw Story and hinesight all express one side or the other.. the news is pretty much the same, I smile how the same news story is titled on different sites, Newsmax, Wapo, NYT, Washington times etc.

Nothing is fair and balanced any more, and the more the american folks understand it the better off they will be. The challenge is trying to find some middle ground or some modicum of what is the truth.

11. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So the fact that nobody has been as bad for this country in the last 100 years as Bush is irrelevant? The topic being discussed is irrelevant? No matter what happens, to be fair, all media pundits should say pretty much the same thing as the other side because anything else shows a bias?

If a particular politician is an idiot he deserves to get hammered and that's what an unbiased commentator does. The biased ones hide that fact.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I've leave the 100 year thing alone because that's not what this thread is about.

Regarding your last sentence/paragraph, I agree. But that doesn't explain Olberman. He doesn't slam Bush and Republicans just for the dumb things they're done, he intentionally tilts everything. Seriously, he finds the most partisan wording he can to tilt everything. When it comes to Partisans, I put Olberman and Rush as equals in how partisan they are - Hannity and O'Reilly, while partisan, are not as much as Olberman and Rush.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I'm still trying to figure out what was so bad about the FOX Memo. Can someone explain whats wrong with it? I'm really curious.

14. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The memo was telling the Fox foot soldiers to try hard to find insurgents' enthusiasm for Democrats, when there is none. It also at the end confirms the Fox Agenda of giving the terrorists' a mouthpiece. Whenever there is a slight or even insignficant threat they treat it like JFK was just shot. Scare tactics basically.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

There is none? We were talking about it in this very forum before the election took place. The Iranian president was in the paper saying how happy he was with the results. To me the Memo reads more like an outline of what the news is for the day. All news agency's report an angle of a story so as to attract viewer attention. I guess quoting a Hamas leader announcing he is happy the Dems won is akin to showing a terrorist video showing the assasination of an American soldier? See, I know which channels report to which audiences. When I watch, I keep that in mind. Personally, I think too much is made of the stupidest things by each side of the isle. Some issues are worthy, most are not. I thought the Webb stuff was stupid (his book excerpt) just as I thought the "N" word stuff for Allen was ridiculous (Macaca was issue worthy). Too many people try to make something out of nothing too often.

16. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

link doesn't work.

18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

They make the democrats out to be the oposition. "its not the end of the world...etc."

Its odd thats all....I'd really like to see a talking point memo from another network, telling their anchors how to feel. I'm serious, if anyone out there has a link to one, I'd enjoy reading it.

Holler.

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

How's this one?

[​IMG]

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Or this one from a few months ago.

BBC admits: We are biased on religion and politics

Internal corporation memo on ‘impartiality’ summit leaked to British media exposes truth on BBC bias

Hagit Klaiman Published: 10.23.06, 16:10

LONDON – The British Broadcasting Corporation has been struggling for several years against criticisms and claims of biased reporting concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and distorted coverage of the global fight against terror.

Following a diplomatic incident with Israel, the BBC appointed an editor known for his objective reporting, however, the true stance of the corporation’s editors remained the same.

An internal memo, recently discovered by the British media, revealed what the BBC has been trying to hide. Senior figures admitted in a recent 'impartiality' summit that the BBC was guilty of promoting Left-wing views and anti-Christian sentiment.

Most executives admitted that the corporation’s representation of homosexuals and ethnic minorities was unbalanced and disproportionate, and that it leaned too strongly towards political correctness, the overt promotion of multiculturalism, anti-Americanism and discrimination against the countryside.