PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Failure to cooperate only applies to some I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I found this completely by accident about the Giant's and the league's role in Plaxico Burress shooting.
"In 2008, when Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself at a Manhattan nightclub, New York Police Department officials and Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg criticized league investigators and the Giants for not promptly reporting the shooting to the authorities and for failing to make players available for interviews. Burress was a Giants receiver from 2005 to 2008."

So not only the Giants but league officials failed to make players available for interviews to police! Wow, call Ted Wells.

If true not surprised...two sets of rules - one for the Patriots and one for everyone else. My God is the NFL a f#cking joke....

Finally, it all makes sense. Those obsessed Patriot hating trolls on message boards, you know the ones that use words like Cheatriots, asterisk, tainted, and Belicheat? I think those guys are Goodell, Kensil, and Vincent. That is what they do during the day.

How will we tell the children?? Will the shield be tarnished??

Ask and ye shall receive....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/02/sports/football/02burress.html?_r=2&

>>>>>Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and the Police Department criticized the Giants, who they said neglected to notify the authorities of the shooting, and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where Burress was treated, for failing to call the police about his gun-related injury, as state law requires.

……………………

Paul J. Browne, a spokesman for the Police Department, said Monday that the department expected the N.F.L. and the Giants to be more forthcoming, considering the seriousness of the situation. The Giants and the N.F.L. said they were cooperating fully with the authorities.

Browne said: “We haven’t gotten a level of cooperation. We haven’t from the N.F.L. or the Giants.”<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back