Welcome to PatsFans.com

Failed State In Iraq May Already Be Here

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, May 18, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSKIM74750720070517

And as everyone who isnt a complete moron knows, failed states breed terrorism. Thanks Bushies for the gift that'll keep on giving!

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

You sound happy and excited.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course he is... like most liberals, he wanted the United States to fail because he would rather gloat about being right than to see success. That's how obsessive their hatred is of George Bush.

I may not be a big Bill Clinton fan, but not once did I ever wish for any foreign policy or military maneuver of his to fail, nor did I gloat when such things happened. Imagine these liberals if Somalia happened on Bush's watch...
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Talking point alert! You people are so full of $h!T!!!!!

"Most liberals WANT america to fail" Fukcing REDICULOUS!.....Just because some are not afraid to point out the truth doesn't mean they want america to fail. The policy is what allowed america to fail, the mission is what allowed america to fail. The belief in an idea of a NEW AMERICAN CENTURY is what allowed american to fail.

Wake the fukc up people! quit pointing the finger at 'liberals' ....liberals didn't mess up the strategy, and lie our troops into Iraq, the neocon agenda did.
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Post of the Week...

it's not only pathetic, but lazy to revert to the tired old "they want us to fail" goofiness... right up there with calling liberals communists.... it's the surest sign that they have no argument remaining in the tank ...
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Saying liberals want the US to fail is Iraq is just another RW talking point. Most liberals, in the real world, did not want to go into Iraq in the first place. As a country we have never done a good job when we invade a country and try to impose Democracy, look at Viet Nam and Korea. Many of us believed that no good would come from this invasion, and this is proving true. Not a fan of John Kerry, but when he ran he would say that this Gov't does not have a plan for the Peace, this seems truer every day.

As time goes on, this whole debacle was poorly planned and there was not a lot of consideration of the historical factions that exist and not much recognition for the reality of what would happen in the vacuum that exists by taking out Saddam. Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I do not like Saddam, but he did keep the balance by his savagery. There were other ways of dealing with this situation, Mossad or CIA, but we choose a way that makes us look like bullies trying to impose what works for us, but not as well on a nation that has historical and religious divisions that have existed for 1300 years.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Liberals don't want America to fail - but they do want America to fail while under a Republican President.

Regarding Iraq, the entire Middle East is a failed "state" at this point. Other than the fact they happen to be sitting on easily accesible oil, they all suck. Not too much different from how Libs rip on Bush and his silver spoon for that matter ;)

What to do ? Hell if I know.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 2 / -9

Liberals:
    Look how happy they were when Nixon surrendered, they still CROW about it.

OF COURSE THEY WANT US TO FAIL, MURTHA, KENNEDY, REID, PELOSI, KERRY, GORE ETC, THEY WILL ALL GO OUT TO HOLLYWOOD AND HAVE MUTUAL ORGASMS.

IF AMERICA FAILS LIBERALS WILL DANCE IN THE STREETS ALONGSIDE THE MUSLIM.
    :bricks:
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

So, using the "logic" of the Bush rumpswabs, when an American points out that this administration is incompetent and the Iraqi government is inherently prone to failure, they are happy? Oh, and they're liberals, too.

Lets help the cheerleaders list all of the accomplishments this administration has enjoyed. Not being attacked by terrorists in the homeland is one for sure. Also, preventing any meteors from hitting the earth can be used. We also haven't had a deadly virus sweep across the continent, killing everyone. Thanks George. Also, not letting our weapons get rusty...I forgot that one. Oh yeah, lest we forget, our average tax rate is not above 50% yet.

Maybe we all owe these great Americans a debt of gratitude. Mission accomplished!
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Unfortunately Bush has several major failures. Iraq. Spending. Impending immigration. And the one biggie he tried that would have been good, partial social security privatization, went nowhere. The only result of his 6 1/2 years that I am happy with is lower tax rates which have resulted in a good economy and stock market - and, yes, that IS important with most Americans in the stock market now, if only through a 401K or IRA.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I see your point and I'm definitely for minimum taxes with a government 1/4 of its present size. The debt, trade deficit and bill for Iraq will come due, not to mention the additional burden our new 20 million citizens will bring. In the balance, this admin has been an unmitigated disaster, a fact I am furious about. This guy could have changed the world in a heartbeat. He's had 8 years and has wasted them. He may be aware of his own incompetence, which makes it even worse.
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not sure what the plan of entitlements for these people is. Do the older family members get to just sign up for medicare and, voila, we're screwed even more ? With people living longer (which is a good thing) and and medicare covering everything a drug company chooses to put on TV (which is a bad thing) I don't see a way out. Medicare should cover only the big stuff - cancer treatments, heart surgery, etc, not the damn blue bill or cholesterol lowering pills Want to lower your cholesterol old people ? Take a daily walk.

Not going to disagree with that, it's why I didn't vote for him in 2004 (after voting for him in 2000).
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

We didn't invade Vietnam or Korea.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

Listen, it's one thing to criticize the bozo's in office, or to ridicule the move to invade with it's corresponingly boondoggled strategy, but to be gitty over bad news from there, is reprehensible. I don't care who you are, it's reprehensible.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm arguing against the assertion that those who point out failures or want to discuss them are happy about them. The people I hang out with were 50/50 about the war when it started. Now, they're 90/10 and everyone's pissed about it. No one I know gets any satisfaction about the current state because Bush is a lame duck. He and Congress could care less about the troops in Iraq or the civilians there who are paying big-time for this nightmare. Even the warhawks are pissed because there's talk about withdrawal or there's not enough assets in place to do the job. How the hell do you manage to completely pissoff the ENTIRE country?

BTW, what the hell is the contingency plan for when the Russians decide re-take Alaska or the Brazilians invade Canada? Sometimes I wonder about the mental state of the White House "planners" and Congress, leaving our flanks open to virtually any geopolitical scenario. I think thy are either incredibly stupid, or are traitors. Either one sucks.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +546 / 2 / -9

He Lives On The Morning Side Of The Mountain

She Lives On The Twilight Side Of The Hill

:bricks:
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Good point, but we did spend a lot of time there in conflict and tried to impose our democratic ideals upon them.
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

if you, Stupid Harry, and Qui Goon are too stupid to read a rhetorical statement (my "thanks" to you Bushies), thats your problem. Maybe you should move on to something you are good at...like watching your oil stocks and gratifying yourselves.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +546 / 2 / -9

Bad America

Good Enemy

They Will Hit Us Again You Know

Oh But They Wern't In Iraq

Well They're There Now
    Kill The Smelly Bastards
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Harry, you are cause celebre for democratic recruitment. The more posts of yours I wade past, the more I realize how this moron got into office.