Welcome to PatsFans.com

Facts Don't Matter...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Nov 17, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

so say leading leftist bloggers at a public forum, remarkable candor. Not surprisingly these folks regularly talk with the dem leadership and are courted by dem presidential candidates.

http://www.plnewsforum.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/25826/

From their own voice "FACTS DON"T MATTER" Given that orientation why believe anything these folks say? IF facts don't matter then one can reasonably infer these leftist will lie to forward their agenda and feel justified in doing so, Lenin must be proud of his children.

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The surrenderists of today are the children of the 60s anti-Vietnam war protesters. These children have become the new generation of head-in-the-sand escapists who do nothing but complain that the government should be providing them with free drugs and condoms instead of actually defending a nation of families from an invading mob of fear and hate-stoked anti-American radicals. From Russia and the other states absorbed by the Soviet to China, Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, Cambodia, Angola, Grenada, and for as long as the list is, the results are always the same: people are treated as less than animals because the operative ideology does not recognize a Creator or a Divine purpose. The atrocities that have followed are "justified" according to this one original common point: no God=no human value; the law of the jungle is "the supreme ruler", might makes right.

I'm reading "The Light and the Glory", by a couple of Boston men, Peter Marshall and David Manuel. Good historical record from Columbus to Washington. Excellent theme comparing God-based society vs. Material-based society. Very apt.

//

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

I don't see the people at Daily KOS repudiating the quotes made in this public forum. These remarks are recorded and part of the public record. Youcan deny all you want. They said what they said.

Didn't bother with the responses to the blog I was struck by the willingness of the elading leftist bloggers to admit they don't care about facts. This should give pause to thiose who quote these same bloggers, don't you think NEM?

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hm-m-m-m....

Raw emotion (hatred of war) OR Considered Reason (make an environment for a new kind of culture to be born)??? Which one should I choose...?? Hm-m-m-m...

Hm-m-m-m....

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

how bout just find an island somewhere... we'll send you your flock...

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Bush The Moron Beat Them Twice
    :singing: :eek: :singing:

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ok, i'm gonna call you on that once and for all.... ok Talking Point Priest?

how would we be "surrendering", exactly, by leaving the middle east to its own devices? who will be accepting our formal surrender? will it be conducted in an old rail car on the french countryside?

if you don't have a rational, tangible answer for that question, or if you ignore it altogether like you usually do a direct challenge, i suppose we can chalk it up to more lunatic talk... and you can consider shutting up about it for once in your life...

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Which Clinton :confused:

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Your manner of "asking questions" (or "calling out" someone) is the biggest reason you are so often ignored. Dealing with uncouth punks who talk tough and smack it up on the internet is a huge waste of time, although God knows, many have tried.

Furthermore, to try to explain it to you now, after having been over this umpteen times would appear to be a fool's errand. If it still has to be explained to you now, you probably still won't get it.

But I will make it as simple as possible; miracles can happen: if you look at Iraq now, if you look at the state of world-wide terrorist attacks now, if you look at the situation of almost zero terror attacks in Israel as compared to regular suicide bombings there just five years ago, if you see the slow but steady and sure failing of the insurgent attempts to take over Iraq today, you will see why *surrendering* now would be about the WORST possible choice of any that could be imagined.

So, come back with your usual weird slant, your usual personal attack, your usual arrogant put-down smack talk. It won't change a thing. It is what it is, and everybody knows it. The "surge" is working, and we'll be out of Iraq a LOT sooner, while leaving behind an independent democratic Iraq behind, something that has never existed there in all of its history.

Those are the facts. You may not like them, but that's surely your problem, not anyone else's.

//

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i knew you'd ignore the question... the word "surrender" doesn't apply at all... you'd be respected more if you used language based in reality... such as "withdrawal".... unfortunately, "surrender" is just an emotional word people like you inject into your argument for effect and shame...

the rest of your pap is typical deflection to wacko ideology...

anyhow, as for being ignored, you've offered the utmost in irony... you, thick Fog, are closing the gap on Harry for the record on 0-for-threads... people here, and on any blog i participate, pay plenty of attention to what i have to say, contrary to what you wish to pretend... what is telling, however, is when my most loathed opponents are issued a direct and specific challenge regarding an issue, they then consistently punt to a different slant, or disappear altogether after rambling about me for a dozen posts... because when you get to the meat of any issue, a Bush Leaguer can never give a straight, direct answer.... and you're a classic example...

what's funniest, however, is when you offer some inane babble of OPINION, and then close your curious post with "Those are facts"... lol....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sorry, NEM, the world doesn't have the luxury of waiting for only those with semitic blood to solve this problem. Enough is enough. The entire Middle East has been wallowing in this ancient feudal/tribal/strong-man-takes-all way of doing things, and it only prolongs the agony of all. And with today's world-wide inter-connection of all nations and peoples, and with the proliferation of very big and super-deadly weapons (nukes, primarily, but also chemical and biological), we simply cannot afford to wait any longer for those of the Middle East to solve the problems of the Middle East. If the local people can't help themselves get rid of deranged megalomaniacs, *someone* has to do it. As it turned out regarding Saddam and Iraq, the U.S. was the only nation in the world willing to man-up; kudos to Tony Blair's government for the support, as well as the token support from some fifty other nations.

//