Welcome to PatsFans.com

Factoids that might only interest me

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Here are a few factoid after week five that might only interest me, but I figured I would throw it out there:

1.) Wes Welker only needs 21 yards and 17 receptions to be better than every receivers the Pats had in 2006 in every category. He already has more TDs than any receiver that year. I don't know if that speaks more about how awesome Welker is this year or how pathetic that receiving corp was in 2006.

2.) As bad as the defense has been, the Pats have given up the fewest points per game than any team in the division. The Pats have given up 23.8 PPG, the Bills have given up 24 PPG, the Jets have given up 25 PPG, and the Dolphins have given up 26 PPG. Not that there are any good defenses in the division, but it may mean that yards for a defensive measure could be a bit overrated.

3.) The Pats are 6th in rushing yards per game and 5th in yards per carry. Not bad for an one dimensional offense with no running game.
  2. Hazy

Hazy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4.) Jets are an average football team
  3. ewg_gestalt

ewg_gestalt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The combination of Brady-to-Welker, if considered by itself, would also be the 33rd ranking passing offense in the NFL—by a whopping 10 yards. (JAX has 750 yards versus Welker's 740.)

As somebody pointed out in another thread, Welker has also outgained the entire NYJ wide receiver corps, by over 100 yards.
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Well, considering the Jets have three #1 WRs (at least in their own minds) that is impressive.
  5. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -1

I would imagine Welkers 5 game stats are as good as anyone has ever had. I'm pretty certain Bradys are as well.
  6. ewg_gestalt

ewg_gestalt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yards, yes. Receptions, no—somebody had 47 in a five-game span a few years ago. (There was a Globe post about it earlier today.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.