Welcome to PatsFans.com

Face Mask?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/CATS136011422_1024x768.jpg

Remember Corrente picking up this flag because "Tomlinson's hand only 'grazed' Colvin's facemask?"

By the way, if you check out the CBS side angle of the play, it's clear that Tomlinson grabbed Colvin's facemask for an extended period of time.

This should have been at least a 5 yard penalty, if not 15 yards.
  2. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No $h!te. LT had his hand on the facemask all the way to the ground. Granted he didn't have an actual grip on it, but that hasn't mattered in the past.
  3. rainmaker

rainmaker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

On NFL network, when they show the Colvin INT highlight, they actually say..."and add 15 yards for the face mask". Guess they couldn't believe it was waived off themselves.
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

No phantom PI calls on the Pats. I'm happy. I actually think that was the best officiated game I've seen in a long time. Mostly because they stayed out of it. Lets just hope the officiating is as good next week. Even though we know you know who will be directing the officials on what to think as usual. :rolleyes:
  5. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You know, I didn't even notice that until you said it. It was kind of refreshing! I hope they're prepared for the 5 yard, don't-even-look-at-them cushion around the Dolts this week though.
  6. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Poor Hochuli. They keep shrinking his shirts in the wash. :D
  7. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

I guess this isn't a face mask, yet. more like a smothering.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  8. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

It was a facemask. Refs also missed the extra-curricular face shove by Hobbs, so I would say there were offsetting missed 15 yarders.

Well officiated game, I thought. Very little to complain about. On Reche's touchdown, there was pass interference on the play that was not called. If he had not caught it, that would have been a bummer, but other than that, I thought they did a good job. Two games in a row, by the way. Vinovich was great too. Corentte is a rising star in the NFL. I bet he gets a superbowl soon.

My guesses for next week would be Hochuli's and Nemmers' crews. Hochuli is in line for the superbowl, but I think he's defering to get it next year in his home town. Also, the crew that calls the superbowl usually also calls a wildcard game.

So my guesses are Hochuli and Nemmers next week, and Anderson gets the supberbowl.
  9. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The non call for the Pick/Offensive PI/Illegal Contact (pick one) on the Gates reception had me throwing stuff around my house. How does that not get called?
  10. jeffd

jeffd Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or even mentioned by announcers after several replays... Those clowns even mentioned that nobody was in the area... they said the DB "followed" the underneath reciever... retards!
  11. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

12. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Can a offensive lineman push a player in the back??? On the Tomlinson TD 2nd, Goff clearly pushes a Patriot in the back, close to the LOS. Just wondered as it wa ssooo clear!!
    The Face Mask was a clear penalty. At least 5...I think one of teh Pats..can't remember which game, was called for something similar where it was not a grab per se, but hand on it for some time. Funny how Colvin ended up on the ground..what was he holding??? A por call though.
  13. Bill B.

Bill B. Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but the refs blew it on two plays where the Charger player drops the ball after catching it. The receiver in both instances made a "football move" and then lost the ball, which the Patriots recovered. When I saw the one at the one yard lone get called incomplete I thought we were going to be in for a long day.