PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA ILB: Edgerton Hartwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBaronPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
He was released by the Falcons.
I liked this guy when he was available when they first signed him.
He's been injury plagued. (see below)
However he played ILB next to RayLu when the Ravens were running a 3-4 full time and played it quite well.
I think this guy's stock is at a low and could be somebody worth taking a shot at. Give him an incentive PT contract.
He would help boost veteran depth at the position if the price is right.

"Hartwell played only 13 games in two seasons after signing a $26.25 million contract. He received a four-year contract and $8.5 million signing bonus when he left Baltimore two years ago to bolster the Falcons' run defense. But he tore an Achilles' tendon in just the fifth game with his new team, knocking him out for the rest of the 2005 season.

Shortly before last season, Hartwell underwent arthroscopic surgery on both knees, delaying his return. He wound up starting only 11 games in two seasons with the Falcons."

I love how deep this FA LB class is. I agree that one more vet makes sense, and Hartwell is an attractive choice for a 5th guy. What a rotation that would be....

I love how deep this FA LB class is. I agree that one more vet makes sense, and Hartwell is an attractive choice for a 5th guy. What a rotation that would be....

Hartwell is a very good player and a team guy. Hes my 2nd choice. Tedy isn't a 60 snap guy anymore. Gettimg him would be a good move

There are big injury concerns with Hartwell. If he was willing to take an incentive laden contract AND he passed a physical, I think he'd be a great signing.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the roster space for a rookie LB to mold behind Bruschi, Colvin or Vrabel.

This is, more than likely, Bruschi's last year. Hopefully the Pats will draft someone who brings a similar attitude and level of play or maybe they've seen that out of Corey Mays. All I know is that Bruschi is 34, Vrabel 32 and Colvin 30. The Past have a big gap of age behind them.

He was playing great until the Achilles injury. For the right price/incentives he is definitely worth a look. The down side is that I'm sure a lot of other teams will think the same and I don't think we would want to make a serious run at him in light of his injuries, after the investment in Thomas.

Let me write that again......"after the investment in Thomas".....man that feels good.

He was playing great until the Achilles injury. For the right price/incentives he is definitely worth a look. The down side is that I'm sure a lot of other teams will think the same and I don't think we would want to make a serious run at him in light of his injuries, after the investment in Thomas.

Let me write that again......"after the investment in Thomas".....man that feels good.

Agreed 100%... Only with incentives is it worth the risk

Achilles tendon injuries are brutal. They can have lasting affects even after they've "healed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes