S Lance Schulters 77 T 2 sks
LB Keith Newman 42 T 3 sks 1 FR
CB Ty Law 62 T 1 FR 10 INT 1 TD
CB Jamar Fletcher 29 T 1 sks 1 INT
and...
only maybe...
QB Collins
LB Arrington

I would not include David Boston in that group...

lest we forget...

LB Brad Kassell
77 tckl 1 int. (21 yd. TD) 3 PD 1FF 3FR

26 years of age

I'd take him or Schulters. But BB/SP look at other things we mere mortals can touch with our nfl.com stats.

Last edited:
I second the Kassel idea. He's got good size, smarts?, and playmaking ability. Then again, one starts to think, "Wouldn't BB have gone after these guys by now?" I mean, it's not like Kassel was going to cost a lot less LAST week, ya know?

Patsox, I sort of hold out hope on that count, even though I read that the Pats have "passed up" several players, Kassel included.

The reason I would "never say never" is my "Days on Market" theory. After the draft, after 6/1, after a bunch of meaningful and semimeaningful dates have passed, your typical Pats target (not a feted superstar to begin with,) is perceiving low demand for his services. Just like a guy with a house on the market 120 days, who finally gets a bid 10K UNDER his asking price.

I'm banking on this Rodney Dangerfield Effect, or RDE, to be a significant part of the Pats' approach, as it applies to Kassel. Who knows. :D

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
Patsox, I sort of hold out hope on that count, even though I read that the Pats have "passed up" several players, Kassel included.

The reason I would "never say never" is my "Days on Market" theory. After the draft, after 6/1, after a bunch of meaningful and semimeaningful dates have passed, your typical Pats target (not a feted superstar to begin with,) is perceiving low demand for his services. Just like a guy with a house on the market 120 days, who finally gets a bid 10K UNDER his asking price.

I'm banking on this Rodney Dangerfield Effect, or RDE, to be a significant part of the Pats' approach, as it applies to Kassel. Who knows. :D

PFnV

Good thoughts, VA. Hope you're right. I'm all for waiting out FA's while their value plummets, but at some point it shows a lack of passion for the player. Hopefully it's more reflective of the organizations' opinion of TBC, Claridge and the upcoming LB draft class.

I don't see any gems here

Some potentiall and maybe Law and Arrington, but Arrington is damaged goods and Law looked a little thick around the middle last yearm but I don't see any of these as gems.

Semi-precious stones perhaps, gems might be a bit of a stretch. At least one of them is right down in the costume jewelry department.

p8ryts said:
Some potentiall and maybe Law and Arrington, but Arrington is damaged goods and Law looked a little thick around the middle last yearm but I don't see any of these as gems.

No they fall under the "overpaid egotistical jerks" category.:p

jct said:
LB Tommy Polley 96 T 4 sks
WR David Boston 4 REC 80 yds
S Lance Schulters 77 T 2 sks
LB Keith Newman 42 T 3 sks 1 FR
CB Ty Law 62 T 1 FR 10 INT 1 TD
CB Jamar Fletcher 29 T 1 sks 1 INT
and...
only maybe...
QB Collins
LB Arrington
i would love to have david boston, brady would hook him up all day

kdawgg3/karl said:
What? How? Brady doesn't deal 'roids?....

kdawgg3/karl said:

i can't believe the forum allowed this post to happen

Kevin Johnson, Nick Griessen, Tre Teague

Az-Zahir Hakim 34 489yds 2 TDs
Nick Greisen 85 T 1sks 3 FR

Last edited:
Ricky Proehl.....wily old veteran ....

If Proehl was ever signed by the Patriots, the world would end. Where would we be without our Super Bowl nemesis?

Proehl a Patriot? :singing:

Patsfanin Philly said:
Ricky Proehl.....wily old veteran ....

Proehl is too old, 38. Love to have him, though. He gets it done.

Flying Fungi said:
i can't believe the forum allowed this post to happen

I don't have a problem with it. What makes peole think someone like Caldwell will be any more useful to this team than Boston would?

RayClay said:
Proehl is too old, 38. Love to have him, though. He gets it done.

But for one year?? I think he's an ideal pickup as a #4 if the price is right. With him and Troy Brown out there, it would be an AARP convention.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back