PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA acquisitions - Predict 'Em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Channing Crowder will be signed.

Hank Poteat, the ultimate JAG!!! We must have him!!!

Does anyone think that Willie McGinest could retake #55 from Junior?

I think that Channing Crowder will be signed.

Does anyone think that Willie McGinest could retake #55 from Junior?

I've $10 against a buddy on that happening. He's a Dolphins fan and he's POSITIVE from watching NFLN that Willie coming back to New England.

Man, $10 is gold these days. It gives me shivers to think of this... hehe

Sign me the hell up. Would be good to have the bongos back!
poteatbongos.gif

Fred Taylor isn't really a free agent in the same sense as Lewis and the others. The Pats can sign him today if they wanted.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Well it does have a pronouced effect on their tight end coverage.

Heath Evans and Lonnie Paxton.

Ah, the start of the real list. :)

I agree that Evans and Paxton should be first.

We've already signed Banta-Cain and Yates.

I'll add Lew Sanders and Hanson to the early list of likely signings.

Ventrone is the only player on Miguel's ERFA list. I presume that we will tender him, and that he will eventually sign the tender.

Then comes the hard part: replacing Gaffney, James Sanders and Wright. We'll look to re-sign them all. It remains to be seen how successful we are. My guess is that Gaffney and James Sanders will be re-signed and that Adams will warm Wright's roster spot until the draft.

I suspect that Fred Taylor will be our major free agent acquisition.

That totals TEN free agent acquistions.

I also expect us to tender and keep Woods. That's eleven.
===============================

The great unknown to me is who the JAG defensive back acquisitions will be this year. We should see about three. That makes fourteen.

Finally, I expect one more wide receiver in addition to Gaffney. My hope is Houz or a trade for Holt. This of course needs to wait until a Cassel trade is finalized.

Heath Evans and Lonnie Paxton.

Last edited:

Ventrone is the only player on Miguel's ERFA list. I presume that we will tender him, and that he will eventually sign the tender.

The comes the hard part: replacing Gaffney, James Sanders and Wright. We'll look to re-sign them all. It remains to be seen how successful we are. My guess is that Gaffney and James Sanders will be re-signed and that Adams will warm Wright's roster spot until the draft.

I suspect that Fred Taylor will happen as our major free agent acquisition.

That total TEN free agent acquistions.

The great unknown to me is who the JAG defensive back acquisitions will be this year. We should see about three. That makes fourteen.

Finally, I expect one more wide receiver in addition to Gaffney. My hope is Houz or a trade for Holt. This of course needs to wait until a Cassel trade is finalized.

well writen, I dont see Houz, maybe Holt if he restructures his contract.

The comes the hard part: replacing Gaffney, James Sanders and Wright. We'll look to re-sign them all. It remains to be seen how successful we are. My guess is that Gaffney and James Sanders will be re-signed and that Adams will warm Wright's roster spot until the draft.

I suspect that Fred Taylor will happen as our major free agent acquisition.

That total TEN free agent acquistions.

Evans, Paxton and Lew Sanders. The rest can get their best offer and thank you for your service here.

I think SS Sean Jones and TJ would work for me plus the above. Jones saves us a pick in the draft and is an upgrade and TJ still plays at a high level and an upgrade over Gaffney. I think McAllister can still play so either him and/or Boden. I also think McAllister can play Safety at 6" 1" and 210. He makes plays and his numbers at CB are sufficient enough to prove he can be a sure tackler back there.

Those seven.

Fred Taylor on the cheap would be o.k. too.

Can't figure out the TBC signing unless Izzo is not coming back and they need an ST part.

Fantasy? Ray Lewis.

It would not surprise me if Dawkins gets a sniff from BB.

DW Toys

Best case somewhat realistic scenario (if we get some cap space back):

- Resign some of our own from among Mike Wright, James Sanders, Lewis Sanders, Pierre Woods, and Jabar Gaffney
- Replace lost players or augment with a few moderately priced additions, such as:

-- Fred Taylor, RB - not that this is a major need, but he would be a good addition
-- A reasonably priced WR such as Devery Henderson or Reggie Williams
-- A reasonably priced CB, if there is such a thing. Jabari Greer had been my lead guy here, but he appears to have a different view of his value than I would think teams do.
-- A reasonably priced SS. Sean Jones, Gibril Wilson, and possibly Michael Huff (if he ends up gettting released) would be the main ones of interest.

I doubt this will all happen, but it's a starting point.

I would love Sean Jones or Jim Leonhard. That would allow us to keep Sanders as the third safety... actually, both of our backup safeties would be named Sanders and they'd both be well above-average backups. Depth problem solved.

I hope we don't sign Crowder; I just don't think he's that good. But who knows, maybe BB can envision him in our system.

I'd also love to retain Gaffney and draft Robiskie.

Is Seward a FA :D

If those are our options, we'd be better off drafting a WR. They both suck.

I don't know how well of a route runner Henderson is, but he sure can make some plays. He averaged almost 25 yards a catch and racked up almost 800 yards on 32 receptions. He would fill the Stallworth role.

Anyways, I see the Pats targeting these players: Channing Crowder, Leigh Bodden, Sean Jones, Andre' Goodman, Damon Huard, DeAngelo Hall, maybe Patrick Surtain and Donnie Edwards.

Last edited:
I don't know how well of a route runner Henderson is, but he sure can make some plays. He averaged almost 25 yards a catch and racked up almost 800 yards on 32 receptions. He would fill the Stallworth role.

Are we still trying to fill Dante's role? Seems like Welker scares them as much as a second deep guy would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back