Welcome to PatsFans.com

F the Democratic Congress

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Honestly....

I don't know what is worse, a congress that blows the president and gives him whatever he wants, or the congress that bends over and takes it in the backside....and lets the president do whatever he wants.

Didn't this congress get elected to put the executive branch in check?

While they are on vacation for a FRICKIN MONTH.......lock the doors and don't let them back in. Everyone inside the beltway disgusts me.

hhhhhhaaaaachhhhhh ....... SPIT!!!!!!!!
    (spitting in their general direction)
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Can't argue with any of that! :mad:
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -26

I agree a bunch of bloated rich folks who go blah, blah, blah, blah and pat each other on the back for doing nothing..
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +531 / 2 / -9

They're just as bad as they say Bush is, probably worse, they are sneaks, Bush does it right to your face and then grins.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -26

They are all a bunch of rotten self serving bastards, who care more about their portfolio than johnny average american.
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Everyone in this thread to this point is EXACTLY what's wrong with America, not the politicians. Seven months in and y'all are furious that nobody's come by to give you a lollipop yet.

What's that old saying about every complex problem having a simple, neat and wrong solution?
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Oh...so its OUR fault that the elected representation caves in on executive powers, just like the congress before it folded on party values.

somehow thats OUR fault.

again.....I believe that the problem is people who simply accept that the solution is anything but simple. what is so complex about keeping your word and doing what is right?
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -26

I don't want a lollipop, I want a congress that is elected on certain principals and sticks to them.. not flip flopping all over the place to appease their special interests.
  9. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No matter who wins between the Democrats and the Republicans, WE LOSE.

Is it just dawning on you now that these two bloated political parties no longer represent our best interests and instead simply focus on whats good for the party?

Until Americans get deadly serious about thinking outside the box and embracing the "more than 2 party system" we'll continue to take it in the rear from one party or the other.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Imagine a Chess board, only instead of being 8x8 its 100x100 with multiple levels in the 3rd dimension. That's what politics is like in a nation of 300 million with our power and wealth. They aren't 'flip-flopping' just because you can't see the strategy that's being employed.
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yes lets get 10 major parties going so the next President is elected with 11% of the popular vote. This way he'll start right off with an 89% disapproval rating. That'll really break up the gridlock:rolleyes:
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

We need a leader that transends politics............... I just don't see one anywhere on the horizen.
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Those guys don't come along every other day. The worst part is that we might have such a person over at Children's Hospital who's busy replacing faulty Livers in 8 month olds. This brilliant person might have taken a look at how our leaders are treated and the standards they're held to and decided that this fickle, uninformed, arrogant, bunch of over-indulged weenies that calls itself a populace deserves the leadership its got.

That's the idea that keeps me up at night. Well that and this shrinking lead of the Red Sox.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -6

The Democratic Party still has a lot of conservatives in it. We can only hope the trend from the last election continues and government returns to the task of not only protecting wealth and land, but protecting our rights as well.
  15. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I hate to break this to you, but the country doesn't want to swing as far to the left as YOU think it should. Most of us sit near the middle and look at you wackos out on the extreme and just shake our heads. :D

Yeah, I'd bet there might be 1 or 2 somewhere within the military community as well. A clear minded, strategic, LEADER that knows where we need to go and how to get us there. Many of those types often gravitate their first. Except now, they look at that cesspool of elitist dung that is Washington and say "No, eff-ing way".

By the way, that cesspool of elitist dung is both Republican on Democratic. They are all the same. The just have "mildly differing viewpoints" (usually already agreed upon) that they pretend to debate about, and they march together feigning opposition, when in reality they have more in common with each other then they will ever have with any of US.

Do you think the majority of them actually care about your (meaning: OURS) silly causes? No, they care more about their power and elite status, well above us. Ditto the media. Ditto academia......... All those long established elite "clubs".
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -6

I know that, but don't think it's as simple as that. What people don't want is a return to liberalism of the 60s and 70s. What I think they do want is a fairer tax structure (and the debate rages on what that means), a more open and honest government, and a government that enacts policies that improve our lives. Many people are ready to confront issues like global warming, national health care, restoring our infrastructure, protecting our rights, taking care of the needy, and pursuing peace. Those issues, even if resolved in moderate ways, are liberal issues.