Welcome to PatsFans.com

F--- Jesus

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

I wonder if the reverend's will demand a firing over this one? Nah... At any rate, I think the country is overly PC, and that it's obvious the words weren't maliciously intended, but when you've set a precedent, then consistency warrants a more severe punishment, doesn't it? Why is a racial comment, made with humor (awful humor IMO), punishable by firing, while a profanity laced rant aimed at Jesus isn't?

ESPN Suspends Dana Jacobson One Week for Saying 'F--- Jesus' at Roast

Posted Jan 23rd 2008 9:01AM by Michael David Smith
    Filed under: Breaking News, ESPN

ESPN First Take co-host Dana Jacobson has been suspended for one week for her comments during a celebrity roast celebrating ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning.

The suspension, first reported in the Chicago Tribune, comes after Jacobson reportedly said "F*** Notre Dame," "F*** Touchdown Jesus," and "F*** Jesus" in an attempt to talk trash to Mike and Mike co-host Mike Golic, a former Notre Dame football player.

An ESPN spokesman e-mailed me the following statements:

FROM ESPN
    "Her actions and comments were inapprorpriate and we have dealt with it."

FROM DANA
    "I am very sorry. My remarks about Notre Dame were foolish and insensitive. I respect all religions and did not mean anything derogatory by my poorly chosen words. I also deeply regret the embarrassment I have caused ESPN and Mike and Mike. My actions at the roast were inappropriate and in no way represent who I really am. I have personally apologized to many of the people involved. I won't make excuses for my behavior but do hope that I can be forgiven for such a poor lack of judgment."

I hope so, too. The context is everything here: She didn't say this on the air, she said it at a celebrity roast, an event at which people are supposed to go out of their way to be outrageous. She should be welcomed back on the air when her suspension is over.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008...dana-jacobson-one-week-for-saying-f-jesus-at/

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Another broadside aimed at people of faith. Did she have the jar of urine with the crucified Jesus in it??

She should be confined to doing weather reports for the rest of her broad-casting life.

There's a storm brewing, people.

//