Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Bill Belichick, best coach in NFL history

Tom Brady, best QB in NFL history

Give me a month, and I will also say Patriots, best team in NFL history.

Feeling your oats tonight? :)

AndyJohnson said:

Two out of three of these were already known. Belichick is the obvious one. Team comes in second. Brady is almost where you say, and would be with another championship. He would then move past Montana.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Feeling your oats tonight? :)

Nah, just real damn proud of this team

AndyJohnson said:

Well, let's enjoy it. It's sick to realize that Brady is only 28 and Belichick is, what, 52 ? We need to keep as many of the others around but as long as the team is above average around them, B & B will keep us at a very high level.

my biggest fear in the world is that we win the SB and BB retires thinking what more is there.

KDPpatsfan said:
my biggest fear in the world is that we win the SB and BB retires thinking what more is there.

I dont think you understand BB

KDPpatsfan said:
Let's think . . . THERE'S FOUR IN A ROW :D

Do any of us really? I read every Pats/BB book out there and he seems like a very complicated man. I don't think it would happen but I wouldn't come out of my house for a week if he did.

AndyJohnson said:

Agreed, Known it for awhile now.

shakadave said:
.... Brady is almost where you say, and would be with another championship. He would then move past Montana.

I try to resist ... because it is indistinguishable from unabashed homerism. Recall that merely two years ago, this time ... it was blasphemy to begin equating Brady with Montana. Now ... that is cliche.

But could we be approaching the zone where ... Montana is seen as a precursor to Brady?

flutie2phelan said:
I try to resist ... because it is indistinguishable from unabashed homerism. Recall that merely two years ago, this time ... it was blasphemy to begin equating Brady with Montana. Now ... that is cliche.

But could we be approaching the zone where ... Montana is seen as a precursor to Brady?
Thats my point, and my title of the thead, F it all, I am now convinced that it is fact, and anyone who doesnt believe it today, will believe it when they are done.

I came across an old article the other week, after the Pats/Rams Superbowl in 2002. There was a line in it that said "Brady is like a young Joe Montana, without the talent."

I know no one could have known back then what he would become, but the sentence still really struck me.

eta: of course, I suppose they could have meant talent AROUND him, but that's not what I thought when I first read it.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
I came across an old article the other week, after the Pats/Rams Superbowl in 2002. There was a line in it that said "Brady is like a young Joe Montana, without the talent."

I know no one could have known back then what he would become, but the sentence still really struck me.
Bill Walsh himself made a favorable comparison between the two.

KDPpatsfan said:

For a year or more i have thought that ... the dynasty crumbles only when ... BB's motivation withers.

Really now, how long can you yearn to win football games?

flutie2phelan said:
For a year or more i have thought that ... the dynasty crumbles only when ... BB's motivation withers.

Pretty long --- you don't see any of US tiring of winning, do you?

flutie2phelan said:

Dunno, Paterno had any thoughts on the subect? :eek:

shakadave said:
Pretty long --- you don't see any of US tiring of winning, do you?
I think BBs world revolves aroound game planning for, any winning football games. If all he could do was coach Alaska Jr High School football, I think he'd put everything he had into it. He isnt going anywhere, or losing his focus, until he reaches the point wherehe doesnt have the energy anymore, and that is loooooooooong time away.

Shakazulu, Andy, and BoxOR ... i do really hope you are correct!

It IS great fun ... riding his cottails ... ain't it?

flutie2phelan said:
Shakazulu, Andy, and BoxOR ... i do really hope you are correct!

It IS great fun ... riding his cottails ... ain't it?
One of the simple pleasures of my dreary days, watching an artist paint the field with red, white and blue flying elvi - did you see Willie's wing span tonight. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back