PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extremely encouraged by this win

Status
Not open for further replies.
p8ryts said:
Glad to see a postive post. I was worried that we were overrun by frustrated second guessers. I don't know why people expect perfection. The other team is playing hard also.

People complaining about Dillon, the guy was a monster today. Complaining about the play calling, jeez, looked like execution to me.

Game 1, tough game, both elevens improved during the game and we came back. I thik it will be a good wake up call before next week's game.

There are three important stats today, no injuries, good running game and now we are 1-0.

All right, I'm happy now. Dillon did help us today. Maroney looks like a big play back. We should be a ball control team that scores 20 to 30 points consistently while we hold the other guys to under 20 consistently. Sounds like a recipe for success in the National........ FOOTBALL LEAGUE, duhduhduh - DAAAA.

What if the Bills got just one more field goal in the second half? Many other teams would have put us away.

Well ... um ... gee whiz... I think we might just actually kick a field goal from the 20 yard line, any time in the last two minutes.

Did you even attend the game ? or watch it?

If you want to b1tch, b1tch, b1tch, why not go back to your beloved RED SUX and thier posters so we don't have to listen to your nonsense, any longer. There you can b1tch for the next 86 years, to your hearts content...

I hate everything to do with baseball. Boring.

I said that we played a game which would have gotten us beat by any decent team in the league and I won't be encouraged until we play a whole game with effort, not just half. We need to get better than we were today.

Yet people around here are ever so happy that we barely beat a 5-11 team.

What in the world is the big deal about barely beating the Bills at Foxboro?

And WTF is your problem? Maybe you should take a hike and then I won't need to listen to your nonsense, any longer.

Did you attend the game? Or did you also just watch it?

Not much room at this website for people that want to take things one day at a time and one game at a time.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Yet people around here are ever so happy that we barely beat a 5-11 team.

Nobody here is ever so happy that we barely beat a 5-11 team. We're glad, very glad.

I'm glad as well. And I'll be pleased if we look good in both halves against the Jets, because that will be a sign of the consistency that marked our superbowl teams.

Not much room at this website for people that want to take things one day at a time and one game at a time.

One day at a time. Thats all we're doing.

Today....we won.

The good news: no one got exposed

In the bad BB years (which haven't been many), a gnawing weakness was exposed in early games. Lack of run defense. Inability to run. Lack of pass defense. Inability to get to the QB. We've all seen those signs early in bad years.

Exposure means bringing to light what you worried might be hiding.

That didn't happen yesterday. The pass blocking will improve, this is a talented OLine. The passing game will improve with the pass blocking and with Jackson and Gabriel getting onto the field.

The pass rush and the run defense looked good in the second half.

Yes it was the Bills. Yes, we should at least wait until Monday after the Broncos to make any proclamations.

Now for the good news: Caldwell DID make a good catch in a real game at a critical moment. That was a weakness that could have been exposed. The secondary and linebackers looked fine -- both were weaknesses that could have been exposed.

Light had a bad game and Brady took a strip sack. Do you really think that's a long-term weakness?

It's a positive simply to see that the expected negatives didn't show up.

No one is booking tickets for Miami. But some of us are not ready to go into doomsday mode either. The tone right now from half the baord seems to be that we will not win 5 games this season. (Not to mention a sizeable portion of the local press.)

It is fine to take it one game at a time. But that also means taking both the positive and negative things out of each game. With a win, usually that means more positives then negatives. But not today I guess. It is shaping up to be a long week around here.

I also think it is certainly fiar to point out, not many teams really showed thier true colors this week.

i'm on my way out the door, but i wanted to mention that this game was'nt all that close. I hear people saying we barely beat the Bills. Sure, it was only 2 points, but we spotted them 7, and we ran out the clock. Where on the field were we? I thought we were drivind when we knelt on it. Were'nt we in the red zone? Did anyone really think we were going to lose?
It was'nt really all that close. I'm guessing the stats will back that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back