Welcome to PatsFans.com

Extreme Weather, Records Shattering, Storm of the Century..?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Jan 25, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup folks.... 30 years ago tomorrow the Blizzard of '78 started up in the Great Lakes area which would portend the blizzard that would strike New England about a week later...

I didn't think we had any extreme weather until George Bush took office :confused: Were people even driving SUV's back then...? :confused:
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

what a scientific analysis! I didn't realize you were a meteorologist!?! Hey I have an idea, how about you make a post every day that it drops under 30 degrees saying "hey it's only 29 degrees outside, I told you global warming was a myth." Really are you this simple?
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow...? Do you always get this upset when people take about historical facts...? How liberal of you.... :rofl:
  4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm not upset at all. Do you always make posts implying that a large scale scientific phenomenon doesn't exist based on a small sample of random anecdotal evidence? How stupid err...I mean conservative of you.......:rofl:
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's nothing random or anecdotal about what I have posted. In fact, you make it quite clear you don't even know what those words mean.
  6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

So in the entire 2 billion year history of earth, in an area that maybe represents .01% (if that) of the area of earth over a period of 7 years there hasn't been any extreme weather, you take that to mean that global warming doesn't exist? Brilliant!
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

2 Billion year history? It's more like 4.5ish. At any rate, so, since you mention sample up above, do you think 100 or so years of cataloged weather is enough to certify man made global warming? What's 100 into 4.5 Billion anyway?
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tell me... when we had a busy Hurricane Season in 2005 (including Hurricane Katrina) and all the moonbats used that as irrefutable "proof" of global warming, were you as critical of them as you are of me..?

Or are you just a hypocrite...?

NVM - I think we both know the answer to that question.
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Yes absolutely. It's just as dumb to say "global warming caused Katrina" as it is to say "look it's cold outside and it June, therefore global warming doesn't exist" I've actually said that all along, and I'm not sure I completely buy into global warming in the way Al Gore describes it.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Yes, but from my understanding they can fairly accurately measure the carbon dioxide that was in the air and the relative temperature of the atmosphere on a graph that goes back 500+ years. Still a small sample size, but if they can correlate rises in CO2 with rises in sea temperatures I think they can accurately discover a trend.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

Did you get that from Al Gore?
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No BBC, I actually have never watched An Inconvenient Truth or seen an Al Gore speech or anything.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Be careful with the facts here, it might kick them in the ass.. the preferable method is hysterical weather reports.. much more reliable and sensational.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Wildo, they're just touting a political line. The righties are strangely political on this issue because they are terrified of new taxes, believe science is part of the liberal establishment (thus they are often opposed to evolution and stem cell research), and every normal day they say, "See, there's no global warming." But, throughout history, conservatives resisted the scientific truth -- that the sun was the center of our solar system, that races and genders are equal, that cigarettes are bad for you. They've been on the losing side of history for so long it's rather amusing.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

Fact:
    It's Cold in the winter

Fact:
    It's hot in the summer

A few days ago on the History Channel a person pointed out that on the 4th of July in the year 1857 it was over a hundred degrees for three days in NYC.

One of the Looney Pasty Faced Skinny Dip Sh!t Over Educated Saps said they shouldn't repeat that story about the summer of 1887 because people like me (Harry Boy) would make fun of them :singing:

Dear Hillary, yes that one, the spouse of “Billy Blue Dress”, the cute cuddly feminine little “honey bunch” that every man in America would like to snuggle up with in front of a roaring fire on a cold winter night. “Our Hill” as the Dingobats like to call her.

Sometime after Bush Beat Gore and Gore vanished into his cellar and grew a beard, Senator “Pant Suit” and “Batty McCain" went up to Alaska on a fact finding mission that is studying “Global Warming”, now get this, “HILLARY HEARD ABOUT A FISH THAT HAD BUMPS ON IT”.

Dan “Rodent Face” Rather in a moment of overwhelming excitement once called Hillary the “Smartest Women In The World” on his nightly unbiased “Left Wing Liberal” news broadcast.

Well, by God, the smartest women in the world made a huge contribution to the task of cleaning up the planet on that trip she heard about a Fish that had “Bumps” on it. “Holy Mary, Mother Of Jesus H. Christ Almighty”.

Now, whose fault could this be, this Fish With Bumps, why who else, “AMERICA AND GEORGE W. BUSH” that’s who.

All through the Nineties the smartest women in the world didn’t seem to be bothered with “Fish Bumps”, she had other “Fish To Fry”, Vince Foster, Billy chasing Striesand naked around the White House Piano, Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick, Kathleen Wiley’s Cat (Bill had the cat whacked) Grand Jury’s, Impeachment and of course, “Dear Little Monica”. Where were all the fumes from the SUV’s going during Billy’s Watch, when did these fish start getting “Bumps”, maybe after the 2000 Elections.

All the Fish in Alaska had a meeting and said, “Bush won, lets grow some bumps”.

Hillary now wants all kinds of new laws, she wants YOU to stop Global Warming, yes YOU DIRTY POLLUTING AMERICAN BASTARDS.

Hillary and her kind never seem to mention the third world cesspools where the people all go out in the back yard when they want to have a Bowel Movement, they urinate in the street, they throw their garbage out the window, when their dog dies in the bedroom they leave it there, their children all have fly’s walking around on their faces, most of their children are twenty two years old before they are taught how to Blow Their Noses.

Hillary and her kind blame the “Hated Bush” and America, why do they never mention China, Japan, The Middle East, Europe, Asia, Canada and Tim Buck Two, do these country’s have smoke stacks, do they drive “cars” do they burn fuel, does anyone in France drive an SUV?

If “God Forbid” this women Hillary ever should become president, will she be able to create fish that don’t have Bumps?

Remember, if you go fishing and catch a fish with a bump on it’s head, Barbara Bush did it.

Sh!t Head Pant Suit & Batty McCain came home and Pant Suit never mentioned these fish again.
    If Oboomba or Pant Suit are elected and become the next President Global Warming will stop, the Planet will be saved, Praise Jesus.

News:
    Hillary said she was struck by the account of a 93-year-old woman she met at a fish camp they reached by helicopter from Whitehorse, Yukon. The woman told her she'd been fishing there her whole life but that lately the fish have strange bumps on them, growths Clinton said sounded like some sort of tumor.
    http://www.sitnews.us/0805news/081905PM/081905_shns_sen_warming.html

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008