PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Expose ESPN/NFL - Chant For Tonight: "FREE MIKE REISS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Fans of New England attending tonight's game: You have ONE shot to leave a mark on the widespread NFL-ESPN control over the minds of the entire nation's football fans.

Due to their overwhelming advantage in reach and influence, they have been able to easily control the news story the past 7 months and this week proves they don't intend to loosen that up.

The New England Patriots and their fans are doomed to lose that mismatch.

I understand and respect those who say "Who cares what other people think?" Fine. if you don't care, then simply ignore it. But this story is STILL front and center, and if you are reading this, then you certainly ARE influenced by this story.

Patriots fans have ONE opening to take a "puncher's shot" at the Powers That Be" tonight.

"Free Mike Reiss" forces NBC to explain to the nation what the fans are chanting and what it means. ESPN/NFL intend to submerge this story (and the wider meaning of it).

Don't be like Bob Kraft and give them the forfeit victory.

90% of people watching the game will have no idea who Mike Reiss is, and I doubt Collinsworth/Michaels would have any idea what they're all referring to, so I'm not sure how much of an impact this chant would have. Would still love to hear it, though.

90% of people watching the game will have no idea who Mike Reiss is, and I doubt Collinsworth/Michaels would have any idea what they're all referring to, so I'm not sure how much of an impact this chant would have. Would still love to hear it, though.

We should get people to tweet to NBC - - Collinsworth, Michaels, FLORIO!, King, Harrison, etc.

We CAN get the message across.

Think about it. Florio has already written about the ESPN-Reiss dynamic today!!!!!!!! This plum is RIPE, people.

Patriots fans successfully landing a haymaker tonight is a DEFINITE POSSIBILTY.

......that is if they decide to take a swing.

I think most remember the "********" chant from the ravens game a few years ago in the game with those aweful replacement refs. That was powerful television. Let me propose a new version. It's simple. But I like it. "Goodell sucks"

Somebody please tweet WEEI and 98.5 The Hub to get them talking about it - - so that they can inform the fans of it when they are driving to the stadium.

Nobody outside NE has any idea who Reiss is.

I think most remember the "********" chant from the ravens game a few years ago in the game with those aweful replacement refs. That was powerful television. Let me propose a new version. It's simple. But I like it. "Goodell sucks"

That does NOTHING.

You want to forfeit an opportunity with a generic "so and so sucks" chant.

Nobody outside NE has any idea who Reiss is.

EXACTLY.

The chant though would commence Florio/King/Harrison at halftime to mention what they were chanting and why.

Florio is ALREADY frothing at the mouth to do this.

Come on, people, THINK. Don't allow the truth to stay submerged.

ESPN-NFL is counting on apathy like the post this is responding to.

An excellent idea, Shmessy. Another idea brought up on another thread was to chant .23 to force the announcers to explain that. Perhaps the 2 chants can be rotated.

My sentiments exactly. Would love to hear it, but don't think it'd make a very big impact at all.

An excellent idea, Shmessy. Another idea brought up on another thread was to chant .23 to force the announcers to explain that. Perhaps the 2 chants can be rotated.

Hopefully this can happen. But it will take motivation to do something outside the box and not to cloud it up with apathy or generic "Goodell sucks" chants that will bring no effect (see 3 of the previous posters above).

Last edited:
It would provide an audio-visual for Florio to get his story of this morning to a wider national audience.

He's ready. if Patriots fans are lazy and apathetic, they can effect this.
If Florio gets his hands on it then go for it I suppose. Sure can't hurt.

I'm sure we'll hear all about framgate, and spygate especially from florio.

It would provide an audio-visual for Florio to get his story of this morning to a wider national audience.

He's ready, locked and loaded. If Patriots fans are lazy and apathetic, they can effect this.
The problem is that so few fans probably have any idea of who Mike is, and why they should chant it. So the chance of the chant actually being done by more than a few people is low.

The problem is that so few fans probably have any idea of who Mike is, and why they should chant it. So the chance of the chant actually being done by more than a few people is low.

A lot of fans at the game will - - at least 30-40%.

Get the story on the radio pregame and more will be inclined.

Still need to hear FIRE RO-GER chants, MORT SUCKS, RO-GER SUCKS and so on.

I'll be content with just a "Brady, Brady, Brady" chant all game long...

Co-ordinate this with Florio and give him incentive by proposing a chant of "help Florio free Reiss"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes