PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did "nothing happen in the first shooting?"

He was with his supposed "buddy," who clearly felt that Hernandez would pay for all of the damage and then some. The victim clammed up and didn't rat him out. Who knows what Hernandez promised him in the heat of the moment? That is the 100% reason why no charges were filed. You can't file charges with an uncooperative victim over a gunshot, at least in 9/10 cases.

At any rate, it certainly doesn't mean that "nothing happened."

It may certainly make his civil suit harder to prove, but that's irrelevant because Goodell will clearly do his own investigation which would clearly lead to some sort of probable suspension.

I would definitely imagine that the victim isn't just pulling it out of thin air however.

Wouldn't you think if someone was shot, there would be a criminal investigation, police records showing the shot and a case. It was dismissed. So clearly he wasn't shot.

The NFL ain't a democracy.

And the "circumstances" sure look completely terrible. No possible way they wait for the jury's verdict on this one. On that note, I just got a summons for jury duty today...no lie. Gonna try to get out of it.

Aren't you a BUF fan, Uncle Meat? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

If so, I'd think you'd want to be on that jury ;)

Wouldn't you think if someone was shot, there would be a criminal investigation, police records showing the shot and a case. It was dismissed. So clearly he wasn't shot.

No offense, AA12--but your reasoning is clearly flawed in a serious manner.

The civil suit was dismissed due to an error in paperwork. It was refiled today.

There was no criminal case due to the victim not being cooperative. That certainly doesn't mean "clearly he wasn't shot."

I'm not trying to be a ****, but you're adding 1+1 and coming up with 3.

How exactly would you expect a criminal investigation to be done and charges pressed if you were shot and refused to comment about it? How would that work? Unless there are cameras around or some kind of clear cut evidence, the police deal with this kind of stuff every single day in the projects and inner city.

There isn't going to be any kind of charges pressed if the victim himself is not cooperating. That's criminal justice 101 right there.

Could this really be happening? I liked Aaron. But it doesn't appear he'll be playing football any time soon.

No Gronk... no A-Hern... no Wes.

Guys... I think this season is gonna suck.

We have Tom Brady. We have Bill Belichick. Greatest QB ever. Greatest ciach ever. What's considered sucky?? 9-7?? 10-6??

Talk about being spoiled as a fanbase.

Small comfort given the fact that here we have two situations that we know of where this complete idiot has gotten himself into situations where someone ended up shot. Doesn't inspire confidence no matter how you slice it. He clearly has zero good judgment and the addition of loads of money has made it worse, as it so often does.

The sad thing here is that the Patriots did, in fact, take that into account in his initial deal: he had the ability to earn as much money as a third-round player, IF he didn't get into trouble during the length of his rookie deal.

That said, I have to wonder how much of this is Hernandez making bad mistakes "independently," and how much of it is the "windfall effect" of getting the mega-deal.

This really sucks for our football team (and obviously the victim) if true.

That said, the sky is not falling yet. We know how the Patriots roll.
If Hernandez goes down, someone else will step up. We have other talented TE's on this team.

As far as Hernandez goes, if this is true, he completely fails as a human being, he let down his team, and he let down New England.

Innocent until proven guilty, of course...

QB: Brady
RB: Maroney
WR: Caldwell, Gaffney
TE: Watson

Legend has it, that team went 12-4 and went toe to toe on the road with the SB champs in the AFCCG.

Yeah, even if he is found innocent by the legal system, I fear he is going to miss min of 4 games by the Goodell system.

Four games? Even if AH is able to cut some sort of super amazing deal and roll over on his buddies and avoid serious jail time, he's done for at least a year in the NFL and certainly his tenure with the Patriots has come to a close. Anyone selling anything else is deluding themselves at this point.

But if he avoids serious time he'll be back on an NFL roster some day.

QB: Brady
RB: Maroney
WR: Caldwell, Gaffney
TE: Watson

Legend has it, that team went 12-4 and went toe to toe on the road with the SB champs in the AFCCG.

Legend has it that defense was legendary.

The sad thing here is that the Patriots did, in fact, take that into account in his initial deal: he had the ability to earn as much money as a third-round player, IF he didn't get into trouble during the length of his rookie deal.

That said, I have to wonder how much of this is Hernandez making bad mistakes "independently," and how much of it is the "windfall effect" of getting the mega-deal.

I'm sure it was just magnified. This guy has clearly always had off the field issues which is why he fell so far in the first place. I'm not mad we took a chance because he played well but I just want to kick him repeatedly in the nuts for being such a complete fool. He has screwed up so badly here it is hard to find the right words to express my disgust. I would love to know what BB is thinking. Brady too.

The last place I'd be in a situation like this is the house I live in a mile from the murder scene after a hundred cops have been in and out and all through the house...that place probably has so many bugs in it now that NE Pest Control may stick a billboard out on 95 with directions to the place...

I'm sure it was just magnified. This guy has clearly always had off the field issues which is why he fell so far in the first place. I'm not mad we took a chance because he played well but I just want to kick him repeatedly in the nuts for being such a complete fool. He has screwed up so badly here it is hard to find the right words to express my disgust. I would love to know what BB is thinking. Brady too.

Even if Ahern is clear would like to be the fly on Belichicks office when they tear him a new one.

the BB press conference will go something like this:

"it's a legal issue, i'm not going comment on it"
"it's a league issue, i'm not going comment on it"
"any football-related questions?" .....
"we play with the players we do have"

- Hernandez was driving

- Left house with 4 including Victim.

- Came back home with 3.

Is that all? He'll be ready for the 2028 season.

I honestly can't even get worked up over Goodell and any punishment he might give out. Goodell isn't the one encouraging these guys to go out and find trouble....they obviously are quite skilled doing that on their own. Hernandez has no one to blame but himself that he can't stay out of this kind of mess. It's not really that hard to do.

That said, the details posted here don't quite add up. Why would Hernandez need to rent a car and then drive it himself, as the article suggests?

And he may not be the world's smartest man, but I would think he would have enough sense to realize that if the car is in his name, the cops would figure this out. . . .

This is not to say that this is all some sort of mistake, or frame job, or anything of the sort. All I'm trying to say here is that in what clearly is not a good situation, it seems like there's still a bunch of BIG pieces in this puzzle that those of us watching from afar are not privy to.

I just watched channel 7 news and they had a woman on who said her coworkers heard shots where the body was found. Their work was very close. If true that means he wasn’t moved and was killed there. This makes it sound more like a drug deal gone bad to me and no reason to believe that Hernandez would have been at the scene.

It has been explained. The cops were heavily involved just google it. The victim (bradley) did not cooperate and then gave what is now presumably a false statement by not implicating AH in the first place .

Its a hot mess anyway you look at it.

tumblr_lon5josiZy1qzmr3jo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back