Welcome to PatsFans.com

Explosion at Iran military compound.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Dec 28, 2008.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Press TV - Military compound blast rocks Iranian city

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Israel is going on the offensive on multiple fronts, they don't care if the US isn't going to protect them.
  3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

they got protection from US because we blocked a UN resolution today after they attacked Gaza.

Hopefully, Iran will get Israel's message.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Can someone please explain the rationale that pre-emptive warfare against your perceived enemies will somehow bring long term peace for oneself?

The whole thing is a quagmire with no good solution, but I still wonder if Israel has really thought this whole thing through...

Let's say Israel pre-emptively causes WWIII and the US protects them. But then suppose Russia, the EU, and China pull the plug on the dollar and cripple us. How is it a smart move to try to fight the entire Middle East without your big brother to help you?
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map and Palestines constantly fire rockets at Israel and send suicide bombers. If Israel are angry, they will nuke Iran and Palestine.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

When somebody like that Creepy little Iranain Dictator goes in front of the world and says he is going to wipe you from the face of the earth then that is the time for you to destroy him before he gets the chance to destroy you, Israel can't afford to play around with all the liberal slobbering loons, if they do they are dead.

Israel is smart in protecting it's country now because they won't get any help from Barack Hussein Obama, President Barry is headed for Darfur.

Many more American Troops will die under the New Commander In Chief, will we continue to hear from the Liberal Democrat Anti War voices, I doubt it, they will all be joining the Army and the dirty bastards will want your kids to join.
    If Charlie Racist Rangle reinstates the draft send your kids to Nova Scotia.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +205 / 3 / -10

Thankfully, we don't owe them protection on every and any military action they decide to take. If Israel decides to attack Iran, I hope we don't go running to involved in it as well.

We are not Israel.
  8. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama will do what Clinton did in his year and it is to declare 'victory and mission accomplished' after firing a missile.
  9. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Please tell me how 200+ rockets launched by a group financed by Iran indiscriminately into civilian Israeli neighborhoods BEFORE Israel responded makes Israel's actions "pre-emptive" in your eyes.

......that's assuming Israel is even involved in this explosion in Iran.
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yeah you're right, I'm sure it's just another Middle Eastern country paranoid about Iran and with a recent history for advocating pre-emptive war in Israeli and US policy papers.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

It's another Gulf of Tonkin I tell ya. The US set this whole thing up.
  12. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Well, that knocks the list down to about 25.

If it is the Israelis, then good for them for surgically going after a military compound. They are head and shoulders above the Iranian-sponsored terrorists who target women and children civilians.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

Oh...you mean these Israeli children?
    Oh, wait a sec...thise are Gazan Palestinian terrorist children. That's different.

Olmert expresses 'deep regret' over killing of Gaza children - Israel News, Ynetnews

Olmert expresses 'deep regret' over killing of Gaza children

At start of weekly cabinet meeting, prime minister says Israel regrets 'tragic incident which left a mother and her four children dead.' He stresses, however, that 'we are also sorry for our own children, who have been getting hurt for many years now' ....

...Other ministers also referred to the issue during the cabinet meeting. "Hamas is using the children and the families as a human shield, but war is war and terror is terror," said Industry, Trade and Labor Minister Eli Yishai.

"Although we do not wish to hurt innocent people, but unfortunately this happens. We must improve our PR efforts to present Israel in a better way."
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

These pictures are usually paraded around as "proof" of Israel's barbarism. Poor misunderstood Hamas. Never mind the fact that they place rocket launchers next to and sometimes in the homes of citizens. Hamas kills its own citizens and children by that practice. They expect and want retaliation in order to get those pictures of dead children and much of the liberal world falls for it hook line and sinker.

Now that does not mean that Israel is doing the right thing either? Who knows what the right thing is? Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Cripes even Obama said if it were his daughters getting rockets lobbed at he would do everything in his power to stop it. I think it's nothing more than hot air for anyone to "know" what the answer is over there.
  15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

I can't believe you fall for Hamas propaganda. Funny, you call others names and dummies, and you fall lock step right in with this. Are you a chimp when it comes to Jews?
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

Where do all the Anti American "Show Biz Loons" stand on this one, (striesand, jon stewart, speilberg etc etc), all their left wing pals are rooting for Palestine.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That's my only point. Israel does the same thing Hamas does. Israel is our favorite son in that fight. Therefor, we think Israel is better than Hamas. The truth is that both put their children in harm's way by their reciprocal actions. Both target innocent people either by intent or neglect. I don't see any difference other than splitting hairs.

I thought the statement by the Israeli minister was very telling (the part I put in red). And that was from an Israeli publication...not some liberal media point of view. We would never see that statement in an American publication or on CNN. It's pretty revealing to me that the Israelis are concerned with their "image". Seems like the Gazans could care less what anyone thinks because they are truly up against the wall. Israel is also. My point is that to take sides on this issue is futile. Both sides are acting like animals.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This is not Hamas propaganda, sucker!

This is from an Israeli source and publication. Did you look any deeper than the headlines or is your head so far up the Zionist arses that you don't even bother to look for yourself anymore? Don't be a sheep...try to take a break from the pro-Israeli garbage that puts all questioning of Israeli actions in the context of "anti-Semitism". I got no problems with Jews. Some of my best friends are Jewish (really, they are). There are two sides to this, and "the Jews" are not the issue here. This is the state of Israel against the "autonomous" region of Gaza.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

20. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Victory and Mission accomplished, yea, my thoughts go immediately to Bill Clinton.