PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Experts" pick this weekends games, all pick Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zimmerman gives the best explanation:

If the line would have come up three, I would have taken the Jags. The big number convinces me there's superior intelligence at work.

is anyone else convinced that the media is doing this stuff to try to
A) rile Jacksonville up on the disrespect card
and B) make sure NE can't play the disrespect card?
It seems like the media realized that the Pats pay attention and don't want to 'help' the Pats win anymore playoff games.
So they are picking the Pats hoping that in doing so they'll help Jacksonville and hinder the Pats?
Conspiracy theory alert.

Its funny,but

We are happier as a group when they pick the Pats to lose.....least I am...he he

Krugman said:
We are happier as a group when they pick the Pats to lose.....least I am...he he
I know I had the same thought. The "experts" are usually dead wrong when it comes to the Pats. Makes me nervous that they're picking them now. Damn superstitions.

dryheat44 said:
I think Zimmerman gives the best explanation:

If the line would have come up three, I would have taken the Jags. The big number convinces me there's superior intelligence at work.

The line has nothing to do with inside info, and everything to do with the point at which bets on both sides equalize. Case in point... SB36: the line went to 17 before anyone would put money on the Pats. Was 17 a good predictor of the game? Nope.

oldrover said:
The line has nothing to do with inside info, and everything to do with the point at which bets on both sides equalize. Case in point... SB36: the line went to 17 before anyone would put money on the Pats. Was 17 a good predictor of the game? Nope.

The line has to start somewhere, before it is adjusted for betting. The line hasn't moved much...one-half point. The guys who make lines are good at what they do. The fact that the line STARTED OUT so high is very telling.

Oh, and the line in 36 opened at 14 and quickly moved to 10. I know, I was in Vegas that week and was pissed that I didn't take advantage of the 14. Things still turned out OK getting 10 though!

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
is anyone else convinced that the media is doing this stuff to try to
A) rile Jacksonville up on the disrespect card
and B) make sure NE can't play the disrespect card?
It seems like the media realized that the Pats pay attention and don't want to 'help' the Pats win anymore playoff games.
So they are picking the Pats hoping that in doing so they'll help Jacksonville and hinder the Pats?
Conspiracy theory alert.
No more Methamphetamine until after the playoffs, it will reduce your paranoia.

Out of curiosity, if you were a media darling with the requisite
ego and pickled brain cells (no, don't look too closely in the mirror) just who would you pick between the Pats at home and the Jags in the Razor? :rolleyes:

6 on 6 ?

there is a general consent, probaly also a little bit exaggerated

i am not 'nervous' for it but i find we should do a 'superstitious practice'...

they are more or less 50-50 on all the other 3 games (only Was against Tb is '4-2')...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes