PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Expecting any roster moves before the trading deadline on the 14th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Unless the team has a player getting injured and going on IR in the San Diego game in an area that is already lacking in depth like the OL or QB, I do not see much happening by Tuesday afternoon.

Any takers for any moves or will it be quiet like I expect?

I don't know if the NFL cares that their tradeline is boring, maybe they want to move it back a few more weeks. But there's almost never anything of significance. The only player I've read that might be moved is Roy Williams of the Lions.

i expect the pats to get tony gonzalez, not only because the giants are trying to, but because i feel a world class TE like that is a huge help to a new qb, and you throw in the fact that he's a very very good blocker

I don't know if the NFL cares that their tradeline is boring, maybe they want to move it back a few more weeks. But there's almost never anything of significance. The only player I've read that might be moved is Roy Williams of the Lions.

T.J. Houshmenzada (or however you spell his name) is reported to be on the trading block as well

It's a shame the NFL rarely has that big, newsmaking trade. The last one I can remember was Portis for Bailey a few years back.

T.J. Houshmenzada (or however you spell his name) is reported to be on the trading block as well

That would be T. J. Whosyourmama. Even here in cincy that's how he's referred to. I feel bad for guys that really try, like him and Palmer. The Bungals organization from the very top on down is an absolute disaster.

He would probably take a trade anywhere as a blessing.

Dang. Would LOVE to see TJ Whosyourmama in Pats gear.

IMO, we ain't gonna see squat. I think the plan is to lay low this year slip off into the night with a Dynastic Lombardi.

i expect the pats to get tony gonzalez, not only because the giants are trying to, but because i feel a world class TE like that is a huge help to a new qb, and you throw in the fact that he's a very very good blocker

Not only would it be a good move for this year but it would be a great move for next year when Tom Brady comes back. I don't think the Pats will do it unless Tom lobbies for it like he did for Moss.

Yahoo article on possible trades....

Handful of Lions considered trade bait - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I was going to add post this when it came out...interesting to note that the possible trades they mention the Pats...ChadJ...Larry Johnson and DE Antwane Odom...no Gonzalex Housh...or Surtain...Interesting...no trades..

Re: Yahoo article on possible trades....

The guys who hired Herm aren't going to trade Tony and acknowledge that they picked my favorite Jester HC of all time to lead the Chiefies into the promised land.

I can see Cincy scrapping their team, but only because management there hasn't shown a clue as to how to do business in the NFL.

I don't really see Detroit trading anyone away because the guys running the show at the moment are the same ones who helped Millen - they will want to keep a low profile and try to get one of their own in as the new GM so they can protect their phony bologna jobs for a little bit longer.

Re: Yahoo article on possible trades....

Handful of Lions considered trade bait - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I was going to add post this when it came out...interesting to note that the possible trades they mention the Pats...ChadJ...Larry Johnson and DE Antwane Odom...no Gonzalex Housh...or Surtain...Interesting...no trades..

If the Bengals trade Chad Johnson it will be for a 1st rounder or it will show how dumb their management really is. The Redskins offered a s***load of picks (including a 1st rounder) before the draft and the Bengals rejected it. I say Dallas forks over their 1st round pick and lands Chad Johnson (missing piece to Tampa). As far as Larry Johnson, I can't see the Pats making a play for him because they have too many running backs on their roster. Tony Gonzalez is the most realistic.

Last edited:
I don't think the Pats will make a trade before the deadline. I do

expect them to make moves with regard to the 53 roster spot and

the practice squad all year long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back