PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Expect Brandon Lloyd to be more productive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having reservations about Brandon Lloyd...even Edelman get more separation than him. This recent Edelman injury really scares me...Brandon Lloyd is not a Speed guy and now he rarely gets open. Against the Texans we need the RB's like Woodhead and Vereen to take the pressure off Welker and Hernandez...it seems like the further we go the more useless Brandon Lloyd is becoming. I really hope Ebner is picking up the Offense some. Like Rex Ryan with Mark Sanchez...i think i have seen enough of Brandon Lloyd...i hope he proves me wrong.

WTF are you smoking? :confused:

Bedard say he expects a big game from Lloyd tonight. I think his expectation is grounded in his belief that he was talked to (about being more physical and grinding for some YAC) before and would be talked to again this week abour expectations. Others feel that the running game will be a priority tonight because of field conditions and given Bolden has been activated.

I think we can all agree that Brandon Lloyd delivered tonight :)

I was actually thinking about this thread when I was watching the game. This one and the one about the defense getting significantly better after getting Talib have been pleasantly prophetic!

I think maybe the light has started to go on for Lloyd. It's not about who you modeled your career after for longevity. Not once you get here. Longevity be damned, especially when it's never been more than a career of mediocrity. Here it's about doing your job and doing whatever it takes to win. Like Troy said, you're not playing for the Rams anymore. You're not a big deal here, you're a cog in the wheel. But that wheel is rolling on the road to glory.

Last edited:
Lloyd had a big game tonight. Probably his best game of the season so far. Brady needs to go to him more. Him and an improved running game have been the difference this year in the offense.

I got a lot of good looks at Lloyd tonight..in my opinion, I don't think any of these naysayers know WTF they're talking about...I saw at least four balls bounce off Welker's hands and I found myself praying that Brady would throw to Lloyd, who looked like he had superglue on his huge mitts...he made a number of big grabs in the 2nd half

I think many of the naysayers -- like myself -- have just been (nay-)saying that he has been, to this point, a disappointment, especially given how the signing was hailed as this coup for the Patriots. Tonight Lloyd lived up to the hype. During the season he has been up and down. I'm happy -- nay, thrilled -- that he seems to be putting it together. And right in the nick of time as Gronk exited stage left.

It's exciting to think about what this offense can be if everyone (minus the IR'd Edelman) is healthy at the same time. What a terrific showing for the offense in general and Lloyd in particular on this awesome Monday Night. Hope we see more of it.

lloyd...great job tonight

I never thought lloyd would be a more dependable option than welker.

Told you so............

He He He

:D

Imagine this O once Gronk is back!!!

LLoyd is on pace for right around 70 catches and 800 yards receiving. Just what the Patriots needed when they signed him to man the wideout position. He takes the opposition's #1 corner with him and draws the safety to his lane frequently. The TD catch last night has to remind the remaining opponents not to sleep on this guy and not to bite on play action. He is doing his job.

Plus TB targeted him more I thought. It was a great job by Brady spreading the ball around and keeping the D off balance.

Go Duke

I will say this though Lloyd's YAC is non-existent.

As long as they are First Down Catches or an occasional Bomb I'm ok with that. Brandon Lloyd has a Great Pair of Hands.

I'm really happy that Lloyd made some great plays (play-action TD was a thing of beauty, the fumble recovery for a TD was heads up) but I just can't get over how easy he goes down. That post-route catch he had late in the game was a perfect example. He went to the ground to catch a ball that looked perfectly catchable from his feet and then with no one around him he didn't even bother to get up.

I think maybe the light has started to go on for Lloyd. It's not about who you modeled your career after for longevity. Not once you get here. Longevity be damned, especially when it's never been more than a career of mediocrity. Here it's about doing your job and doing whatever it takes to win. Like Troy said, you're not playing for the Rams anymore. You're not a big deal here, you're a cog in the wheel. But that wheel is rolling on the road to glory.

....or maybe his knee is better now.

called it..said earlier he would have 2 TDs..and he did

called it..said earlier he would have 2 TDs..and he did

Yeah I guess you could say he had an 'OK' night. But I think Jerry from barstool sports makes a really good point though...

"I hate to be Debbie Downer, but Brandon Lloyd still only had 1 YAC on that touchdown bomb. And he’s still got 0 Yards After Fumble Recovery on the season." :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes