Welcome to PatsFans.com

Executive Right to Work Law

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Dec 11, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

I'd like to propose that it be deemed illegal for corporate management to collectively represent one point of view when bargaining with employees. They should not be able to communicate with one another, or have one policy across management. That way each executive would have the right to work. It should be illegal for the corporation to treat any exec differently for coming to more generous terms with workers. They should be legally protected from reprisals if they give away the store. When considering the corporate bottom line, for management purposes, corporations should not be able to consider how individual executives and managers cost out.

That way each executive, no matter what bad deal he wants to cut, or how much he wants to draw all the top talent to his department, would be free to compete within the company.

You would have the freedom to work in management whether you believe in cost-cutting or lavish compensation for talent, without regard to Headquarters' belief about what you should pay.

If workers have no right to collectively act for their compensation, I have no idea why we'd let corporate leadership insist on one company line for all execs' decisions.

I've had enough of the collusion at the top, both among companies and within individual companies. Time to let the market work without Big Government enforcing these corporate price-fixing schemes, and shutting out executives who believe in paying their workers more.

After all, workers who believe in earning less are supposed to be able to undercut union shops. Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.

Have the pubbies foisted such a bill on the people of Michigan yet? No? Seems a tad hypocritical.

PFnV
  2. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

Last time I checked, executives weren't being forced to pay "dues".
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +779 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

If I own a company of 500 or so workers do I locate in a right to work state or a pro union state ... :idea2:

It's time for all 52 states to get on board and push the thugs aside.

Federal and state governments are more than equipped to ensure a safer workplace ... don't need unions for that anymore. Do you want more jobs or less jobs at inflated market prices?
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Thugs?? You mean all those clerks and janitors who make very little.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

No American should ever be forced to work for a union. If I own a company, I'd be damned if if I'd ever allow a union to take over my MY employees.

If they did, I'd have to fire all of them and hire new ones.

Right to Work is going to spread because it's the right thing to do morally.
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +779 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

No ... the union bosses who force people to pay and join.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

That is a lot of spin, when you go for a union job, you know what to expect in a closed shop, you do this with eyes wide open...

This is not a new phenomenon, has been going on for a very long time..

The Union Thugs Meme is tiring, belonged to unions for a long time and althugh I heard some rhetoric that intimated violence, never witnessed anything...

The only violence I ever witnessed what when I was on a picket line early on and a disgruntled driver drove over and killed a woman picketer that I was on the line with..

What is interesting is that in Michigan Fire and Police Departments are exempt from this law...
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

You will probably never own a business that would likely involve unionization..

Damned all you want, the law is on their sides as much as it is on yours..

You are easy as you leave a paper trail of idle threats that can be used against you..
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

What paper is that?
  10. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

LOL......one of the sillier...................OP's in recent days

the guys with the money who are planning on hiring and paying that money out are not in a similar position to those people trying to organize to get that money.

if I have the money.....I decide if someone gets paid and I decide if someone stops getting paid. I do it with my peers or I do it with my friends, or I simply ask my Shih-Tzu if someone should get paid, and nobody can stop me from making decisions that way. I can be completely arbitrary and it doesn't make sense as long as I treat everyone going for the same job as arbitrarily as the rest. I don't even have to hire the best person for the job.

the imaginatoin doesn't have to go far to see what would happen to someone who decided it would be good to make this a union shop.

if you think that this is some kind of parallel to union formations in the past, you are wrong......our society lacks the morals and principled to ever have a new union involuntarily formed against a company.

don't blame the companies, just as with everything else, our society has gotten far too lazy to make any kind of meaningful difference
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Why don't you start an electrical contracting company, and put out bids for the lowest price workers.. or better still do the staffing for Nuclear Power Plants and once again seek out the lowest priced employees...

The same could be said for hospitals/plumbers/heavy equipment operators et al...
  12. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

LOL at the silly editing mods do on people's posts......either remove my posts or leave them alone........dont be so pantless and do it behind someones back
  13. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh really? :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight, our federal and state "governments" are more than equipped? Really?....

I find that hard to grasp that our government can handle such a task, that it can't even inspect 3/4 of the food that comes into this country,it can't even inspect toys that come from china that have high levels of lead, that it can't stop people that work everyday in this country from working illegally.

That some how we have enough resources to make sure everyone is being paid fairly and treated fairly and working in a safe environment.....

Sorry that's just bull**** man, we need unions! We need every state to be a right to unionize state! Not a right to work state!

Only reason people don't want unions is so they can take advantage of people without having to answer to anyone....

Do I agree with having the ability to opt-out of a union? Yes
    Do I agree that you should have the ability to start a union or join one? Yes
  14. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

I was a manager for a company that employed teamsters. Talk about thugs......threats, violence, intimidation. But lets turn to the video....

Union protestors destroying Americans for Prosperity tent in MI:

Brutality & Violence from Union Protestors, AFP Activists Trampled On - YouTube

Shocking Union Violence in Michigan Protests - Assault and Destroy AFP Hospitality Tent - YouTube

The Bolsehviks just hate freedom of speech and the Democratic process.
  15. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

Then you pretty much agree with right to work...welcome aboard. :rolleyes:
  16. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do and I don't agree, yes we can be right to work but we also have to be right to unionize.;)
  17. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Americans for Prosperity, AKA Koch Bros. alternative personna, should be stomped into the ground..

Shocking union violence, oh you you love the hsyteria and hyperbole, they destroyed a tent.. vandalism maybe, but violence no..

The Koch's have your best interest in mind..

You can only be intimidated if you allow yourself to be intimidated
  19. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

Right to work doesn't stop people from unionizing.....so if you agree that people should be able to opt out of a union then you agree with right to work.

Again...welcome aboard.
  20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +779 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I have way better things to do than follow internet tough guys who break forum rules around with a mop.