Welcome to PatsFans.com

Excuses are Like...Well, you know

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jul 24, 2014.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I am so sick of Americans making excuses, especially celebrities and politicians. They screw up and then give us every excuse for their greed, lust, gluttony, etc.....except the truth.

Here's the latest case of bullshit....

Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
    John Walsh, Confronts Questions of Plagiarism

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/24/us/politics/montana-senator-john-walsh-plagiarized-thesis.html

This man could just as easily have an "R" as his political party, that is not my point. But the fact this man lacks the courage to be honest about his mistake is nauseating. He's actually trying to use PTS syndome as his excuse....but that's such a crock.

His problem is his ego. He doesn't want to face the humiliaton or resign. But the fact is, we've voted in another lying politician that lacks true courage.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

30-40 years ago, this news would have been big...today it seems we're conditioned to it.

Should we be ok with politicians not only lying about their qualifications but lying about the reasons why they lied in the first place?

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

With IRS, Benghazi Fast & Furious, The Crimea, Ukraine, ISIS, Syria Obamacare, this just doesn't register.

A Dem being a fraud see Fauxahontas Warren. THe guy is a fraud he will be right at home with the other dem senators.

4. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

There is no way he couldn't have plagiarized it. If you're going to be writing a Master's Thesis, for one, you SHOULD be aware of those kinds of sources, so he is either grossly incompetent or lying. The fact that he attained the ranks he did and completed a Master's degree speaks to his competence. A quarter of a Master's thesis is approximately 25-50 pages depending on the length of the thesis. His excuses don't wash.

To your other point, taking responsibility is unfortunately not very chic these days, and it's not just the rich and famous.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I agree Nik....I've met so many people who ramble off reasons/excuses why they screwed up but rarely do I hear the words, "I screwed up and I apologize".

It's actually the easier way to respond whenever I make a mistake. It's short, it's honest and people appreciate it. What people don't appreciate is looking for sympathy for screwing up!

Post traumatic stress syndrome my arse....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

It's what my father taught me at a young age. Just fess up, admit your error, and take your lumps. It'll be far less of a problem than when someone tries to make up reasons for why.

One of the honor codes of an Army OCS is something I think should be a mantra for all: proffer no excuses.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

John Walsh needs to resign ASAP....his excuses are embarrassing and he looks like a loser.