PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excuse me is that a winning streak?

ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Winning_Streak_Slots.jpg

Do I need to recheck my eyes or are the Red Sox on a 3 game win streak after a John Lester pitching beat down on the Minnesota Twins? The Philadelphia and Tampa Series are going to be huge coming up.

Come on Sox.

Last edited:
Although Minnesota is in first place, I'm not going to be believe it until I see them beat and/or remain competitive with the Phillies and Rays. If we can get through those series, there is still life in this Red Sox team.

beating the twins at home doesnt do anything for me. when they win a series against the yankees or rays on the road then ill take notice.

Shut out yesterday and now up 3-0. Good stuff.

Suck it Philly. This series against Tampa is massive. They are playing some sort of baseball at the moment.

Competitive is the word I am looking for.

And I believe we will have lester and bucholz in this series against tampa....If I am right that should be huge as they have been pitching great of late....

Great game by the Sox against the Rays. Let's hope that level of performance can be kept up moving forward.

There's nothing I would like to see more than to see the Sox sweep the Rays in Tampa. Great win today.

UpYours.jpeg

Hey Tampa Bay....

Excellent all round performance from the Red Sox tonight even if the home plate umpiring was questionable. 1 hit shut out :)

Phillies series won - Tampa Bay series won... hopefully a sweep if Lackey pitches well and some much needed ground made up in the AL East. Nice.

Last edited:
This team is playing some good ball right now. Ortiz is hitting the ball well and our pitching has been great. Lackey on the mound today. Hopefully our bats can come out against Garza because he's owned us the last couple of years. If we can sweep this series, we go into KC on a roll and then close out the next couple of weeks against Oakland and Baltimore.

Philadelphia series - 2/3 wins - 14 runs for 8 runs against - 23 hits for 18 hits against

Tamp Bay series - 3/3 wins - 19 runs for 4 runs against - 29 hits for 17 hits against

Combined 5/6 - 33 runs for 12 runs against - 52 hits for 35 against.

I like when the Red Sox play like this ;).

I agree....The pitching is coming around now and with Papi/Beltre/Youkilis hitting the absolute crap out of the ball right now we are looking to keep moving up in the standings.....

Philadelphia series - 2/3 wins - 14 runs for 8 runs against - 23 hits for 18 hits against

Tamp Bay series - 3/3 wins - 19 runs for 4 runs against - 29 hits for 17 hits against

Combined 5/6 - 33 runs for 12 runs against - 52 hits for 35 against.

I like when the Red Sox play like this ;).

Me too. Just taking 2/3 from the Rays would have been okay with me. Sweeping them is awesome.

they are pitching the hell out of the ball. thats a must for this redsox team. hopefully it continues. sweeping the rays is very sweet.

Why is Tito keeping Wakefield in? This is one of the more pathetic pitching efforts I've seen in quite some time...

Edit

Call the shizen effort and he gives up a grand slam and 7 runs in the fourth. Kansas City ffs.

Last edited:
Really disappointing efforts b2b by the Red Sox. Just when they look like firing up they put in two very average performances against a mediocre team.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back