Welcome to PatsFans.com

EXCLUSIVE: Open mic captures press coordinating questions for Romney

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Sep 12, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

“no matter who he calls on we’re covered”.

MSM coordinating questioning to play gotcha with Romney to 'create' their desired narrative.

In their own words recording and transcript at link:

EXCLUSIVE: Open mic captures press coordinating questions for Romney “no matter who he calls on we’re covered” » The Right Scoop -

Commentary from Brietbart on how the news is directed by the MSM to help Obama:

MSM Reporters Caught on Open Mic Planning Attack on Romney

The bias of the MSM is clear to anyone who observes their behavior. This sort of blatant partisanship to slant the news to suit the administration narrative that this open mike demonstrates drives the point home.

Just remember this when you hear any 'objective' media report.

ps
    So Embassies are under attack and Barry is off to Vegas for a fundraiser how special.

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Ohhhhhhhhh!! The evil mainstream press, the evil mainstream press!!!

One (possibly, but not certain) CBS reporter talking to one "unidentified" reporter - who, for all anyone knows, since they are not identified by name or media outlet, works for FOX News....and all of it "reported and transcribed" by an unnamed columnist.

Yeah, that's some "MSM" coordination, alright.

It's "gotcha" at it's finest - only problem is, the only ones "gotten" are the ones who believe the story.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Dan Rather

4. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +115 / 8 / -26

#75 Jersey

The media is slanted left. That really isn't news and hasn't been for a long time. I'm pretty sure that the mediots, like the liberal voters, enjoy the advantage it gives to Barack Hussein Obama. I think America will win in spite of them.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The right wing media is going insane.

6. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +115 / 8 / -26

#75 Jersey

It's unfortunate, but we (the citizens of the good ol' US of A) will never see an actual candidates debate ever again. Once the mediots saw the influence that they had on We The People during Kennedy/Nixon, we all lost. Game. Set. Match. As of now, neither side will ever agree to answer questions that they haven't been able to study.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

But, but but.......don't you seeeeeee?????

Two reporters, one of them who might have been from CBS and one of them from somewhere else, but no one knows where, they, they TALKED to one another!! They agreed to ask the same question so that they'd be sure to get an answer!!! Two people, in the same profession, at the same place, at the same time, with the same assignment ---- and they SPOKE to one another!!!

Don't you see the absolute HORROR involved??????

Never before in all of history have two people, with the same job, in the same place, at the same time, with the same assignment EVER spoken to one another - much less AGREED to try to reach a common goal by <<gasp>> cooperation.

The Horror.AVI - YouTube

For all anyone knows they weren't even from different media outlets. One could have been from CBS and the other could have been from a local CBS affiliate.

This is the dumbest trumped-up non-troversy I've ever read about.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 6 / -2

If they want to coordinate questions, fine. Just make sure you keep everyone to the same standard. The problem is that they don't. Journ"o"lists tend to get together to pick favorites, and shape stories to their personal liking.

9. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Big time. Cronkite too. Sawyer, Couric, all the big names lean left and are in the tank for Obama. Then there's Chris Matthews and that whole crew.

I'd be saying the same thing if they were all right-leaning.

MSM should be unbiased and should have the interests of the people at heart, not the interests of a politician or political party. Or self-interest.

That said I'm ok with CNN leaning more leftish and Fox leaning way right, at least you tune in knowing what slant you're going to get on any given issue.

Whichever way they may lean, one thing we know is most of them are bought and paid for.

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

No doubt.

Its a PRESS CONFERENCE! If two or three or thirty reporters want to ask the same question, it better that one of them asks it in a way that represents all two or three or thirty reporters version of the question so that they don't have to ask a person two or three or thirty of the same questions worded slightly different.

Not only that, but the fact that MItt himself seems to do two things when asked the same question different ways:

1. Dodge it
    2. Get pi$$ed-off about it.

I applaud these reporters for taking one from Mr Bill Belichick himself and DOING THEIR JOB.

If you are outraged by this, you need to rethink what you expect from your press because your standards are low, and you probably watch FOX and listen to Rush.

More than anything...WTF is "gotcha" about asking anyone the following question....

Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?

?

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

LOL

According to this story, Fox doesn't coordinate their gotcha questions, they coordinate their gotcha answers.

Fox Scrambles Timeline To Excuse Romney's Embassy Statement | Blog | Media Matters for America[/QUOTE]

12. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[/QUOTE]

And the State Department can't coordinate their message. Obama's own words:

"The situation in Cairo was one in which an embassy that is being threatened by major protests releases a press release saying that the film that had disturbed so many Muslims around the world wasn’t representative of what Americans believe about Islam, in an effort to cool the situation down. It didn’t come from me, it didn’t come from Secretary Clinton; it came from folks on the ground who are potentially in danger. And my tendency is to cut folks a little bit of slack when they're in that circumstance, rather than try to question their judgment from the comfort of a campaign office."

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Those sound like pretty sensible words to me.

What's your problem with them?

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The day I see a thread started by the right wingers on this board pointing out the same outrage for the coordination on FOX to mold the narrative to the republican message and not the truth, I be shocked and awed.

The outrageous coordination of the gotcha media, to have the BALLZ to ask Romney such a disgraceful question, as

"Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?"

what a bunch of snobbs!?

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I don't get the problem with that....

whats the issue?

16. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Issue #1: There's no chain of command. Sensitive responses, especially those admist a potential foreign policy crisis, should never be immmediately issued without senior official sign-off.

Issue #2: Obama threw the people on the ground under the bus, accountability-wise. He didn't say "they were acting with my blessing" or "I entrust them to make decisions but I'm ultimately response" he basically said "Oh that... that's not my fault... or Hillary's...they just screwed up but we shouldn't fire them because they were under a lot of pressure" Where does the buck stop?

Issue #3: Who is making foreign policy decisions for this administration?

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Hey, to me it sounds like he was backing them. I don't get where you think he says they screwed up. Maybe you can point it out to me.

Well, you keep blaming Obama so I must presume you think it's him.

18. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

#1) Stating that we don't condone hatred of a religion is called the 1st amendment. Having to pass that message down the chain of command is dim. If an embassy was thretened, we wouldn't have to wait for a response from the president (no matter who he is) to announce we are tolerant of any and all faith, its documented in the constitution.

#2) see #1

#3) Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the state department. Saying we are tolerant of and and all faith is the policy of the constitution of the united states. Having officials and representative in place at US embassies that understand that they are empowered to respond to threats with the policy of our constitution is why we have representatives there in the 1st place.

none of this is difficult to understand.

19. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +404 / 4 / -10

how many more words can you stuff into a post and still say absolutely nothing at all.......you make diver proud

20. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow, reporters going over what their going to ask, really shocking. Like they ONLY do it when they're asking Flipper questions. What a bunch of brain dead people there are running around.