Welcome to PatsFans.com

EXCLUSIVE: Holder assures GOP on prosecution

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

"Sen. Christopher "Kit" Bond, a Republican from Missouri and the vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, said in an interview with The Washington Times that he will support Eric H. Holder Jr.'s nomination for Attorney General because Mr. Holder assured him privately that Mr. Obama's Justice Department will not prosecute former Bush officials involved in the interrogations program," Eli Lake writes for the Washington Times.

Washington Times - EXCLUSIVE: Holder assures GOP on prosecution

HA!

it gets even better.....

Bond added, "I believe he will look forward to keep the nation safe and not look backwards to prosecute intelligence operators who were fighting terror and kept our country safe since 9-11."

so....let me get this straight...a lawyer is supposed to look AHEAD? when every aspect of their education and job descrition is that they review evidence, past laws and what happened (all in the past) to find out whatlaws in the past have been broken or not broken.

this guy is a moron.

Thats like telling me that a detective will be looking ahead to investigations.....How is this person a Senator?

oh...he is from Missouri......I get it now. I wonder what the real 'conversation' was. Holder might've said that the 'administration' would be looking ahead, but a prosecutors JOB is to look into the past.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

OH $h!T....
    just reread this.....Kit's the 'vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on INTELLIGENCE'

classic....
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

When GW took office, there was some legal BS that people wanted him to hold the Clintons accountable too, but GW moved on. Why? Cuz these arsewipes all know that when their time comes, as it eventually will when Pepsi wins an election, they'll "move ahead" too.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

really? what specific things did GW 'move on' about? I'd love some examples. Seems to me lik ethe ONLY things that got prosecuted under Bush's justice department were illegal immagrants and democrats. you have got to be kidding me.....

Torture
    Warrantless wiretapping
    partisan firings at the justice department
    cherry picking intel
    war crimes

things like that?

If they DON'T prosecute, they become accomplices in this. These people seem to actually practice and understand the law.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This is so funny and yet upon reflection extremely sobering and pathetic that a guy like that has so much power in our country.
  6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Selling secrets to the ******* CHINESE!
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

then they are guilty of TREASON. Bush and Clinton.

nuclear secrets to China is kindo a big deal...you might not wanna just 'let that go'.

could it have been that you are confusing the terms:

"selling"

with "stealing"

?

Consortiumnews.com

try again.

I'm actually being serious about some evidence that BUsh let some criminal acts by Clinton 'slide'...and if its a common practice. Not BS spin about some made upi fairty tales...

you are all better than this.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yeah, do it the Israeli way, steal America's nuclear secrets and then have such good PR that no ones mentions this in American media EVER
  9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Clinton Administration Gave China Top Nuclear Secrets (Flashback)

10. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Free REPUBLIC!!!!!

thats a joke right? I wanna follow your logic, walk with me for a second.....

you really think that Bill Clinton sold nuclear secrets to China ---- was never prosecuted for it ----- Bush came into office ----- and told Ashcroft to 'drop ot'

end of story?

This is theSAME Bill Clinton they impeached for lying about a blow-job.....That Clinton?
  12. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That's note even the whole story. He allowed Loral to sell top secret missile technology to China in exchange for funds funneled in to the DNC. If Bush Cheney had done that it would be covered by every trust fund baby blog, The Daily Show and they'd make a movie about it. No one in this country would not know Bush sold out the nations security to China and gave them the technology to lob multiple war heads at us. Instead it was a Dem so it's never discussed. :rolleyes:
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

you conspiracy theorist loonies crack me up!

http://anglopapist.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tin-foil-hat.jpg