PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excited about this NBA season

Are you going to concede that your talls are below average outside of Bosh yet Kontra? We've had enough of a sample thus far. On the flip side of that comment, your depth looks considerably better this season.

If the Bulls can land Howard, that changes the dynamic hugely in favor of Chicago in the NBA.

I'm going to concede that Eddy Curry can't stay on the court as of yet. But it's still a long season. Last year at this time, you were telling me that the Heat would never make the Finals. A couple of months later, you were proven to be horribly wrong.

I'm going to concede that Eddy Curry can't stay on the court as of yet. But it's still a long season. Last year at this time, you were telling me that the Heat would never make the Finals. A couple of months later, you were proven to be horribly wrong.
That's interesting in that I did a search through my posting history regarding the Heat and I couldn't find a single post that supports your assertion. But hey, feel free to spread all the misinformation you like. If you'd followed closely, my contention (and the search supports this) was that I was unsure if the Heat's big 3 would be good enough to carry a shallow squad to the Championship.

The fact is, the Heat need to do something about the center position. The rest of the squad looks fairly deep.

Last edited:
This new kid, Jeremy Lin, who used to play in Boston is now lighting up the league.

‎- 38 points, 7 assists, 2 steals.
- 23 points, 10 assists, a steal and rebound.
- 28 points, 8 assists, 2 steals
- 25 points, 7 assists, 2 steals.

Great story.

this new kid, jeremy lin, who used to play in boston is now lighting up the league.

Great story.

linsanityyyyy

That's interesting in that I did a search through my posting history regarding the Heat and I couldn't find a single post that supports your assertion. But hey, feel free to spread all the misinformation you like. If you'd followed closely, my contention (and the search supports this) was that I was unsure if the Heat's big 3 would be good enough to carry a shallow squad to the Championship.

The fact is, the Heat need to do something about the center position. The rest of the squad looks fairly deep.

Best record in the league while dominating opponents by double digits and carrying a three game winning streak on the road, a feat that hasn't been seen since the 70's. Yeah, the lack of quality size is really killing us at the center position. While there are times that I would like to see the team and Spoelstra trust Curry or Pittman more, I can't deny that no 7'0" center in the league, save for maybe Tyson Chandler, can run with the speed of the Heat like Joel can. He also provides very consistent underneath defense in the paint for us. The center position isn't killing us like you're asserting. Also, these two quotes...

That's interesting in that I did a search through my posting history regarding the Heat and I couldn't find a single post that supports your assertion.

If you'd followed closely, my contention (and the search supports this) was that I was unsure if the Heat's big 3 would be good enough to carry a shallow squad to the Championship.

...are funny, if not contradictory. In one sentence, you say that you didn't assert that the Heat could reach the championship. One sentence later, you're saying that you did.

This new kid, Jeremy Lin, who used to play in Boston is now lighting up the league.

Great story.

Let's see what he can do against the speed of the Heat Thursday night. Right, captain insano? :rocker:

Best record in the league while dominating opponents by double digits and carrying a three game winning streak on the road, a feat that hasn't been seen since the 70's. Yeah, the lack of quality size is really killing us at the center position. While there are times that I would like to see the team and Spoelstra trust Curry or Pittman more, I can't deny that no 7'0" center in the league, save for maybe Tyson Chandler, can run with the speed of the Heat like Joel can. He also provides very consistent underneath defense in the paint for us. The center position isn't killing us like you're asserting. Also, these two quotes...

...are funny, if not contradictory. In one sentence, you say that you didn't assert that the Heat could reach the championship. One sentence later, you're saying that you did.
Kontra, kill the bull**** and learn to read.

Last edited:
Kontra, kill the bull**** and learn to read.

The irony is THICK.

Me said:

You said:
If you'd followed closely, my contention (and the search supports this) was that I was unsure if the Heat's big 3 would be good enough to carry a shallow squad to the Championship.

Essentially, you confirmed what I had said. Anything else you'd like to struggle mightily with, aus?

The irony is THICK.

Essentially, you confirmed what I had said. Anything else you'd like to struggle mightily with, aus?
You still haven't provided any of these supposed quotes. Interestingly, I've searched for them. Perhaps even more interestingly is none of them actually exist.

Happy to dismiss you in this thread until you prove otherwise.

Last edited:
You still haven't provided any of these supposed quotes. Interestingly, I've searched for them. Perhaps even more interestingly is none of them actually exist.

Happy to dismiss you in this thread until you prove otherwise.

Why would I search when you provided the quote for me in the very same post? :rofl:

AGAIN:

You said:

You just admitted that you couldn't see the team going to the Championship last year around this time. You essentially confirmed what I said. So you're either being intentionally incoherent on the matter or you have a massive reading comprehension issue. Either way, you were wrong.

Last edited:
Why would I search when you provided the quote for me in the very same post? :rofl:

AGAIN:

You just admitted that you couldn't see the team going to the Championship last year around this time. You essentially confirmed what I said. So you're either being intentionally incoherent on the matter or you have a massive reading comprehension issue. Either way, you were wrong.
Provide the quotes Kontra. Simple.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back