PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EXCELLENT so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are setting up to win shootouts because we didn't trade up for Carpenter?
I think I like bb's strategy better.

14thDragon said:
The better be. We are setting up to have to win shoot outs.

Sorry, I do not like the idea of watching opposing teams go up and down the field on us again.

Jacky Roberts said:
Yeah, Im sure Harrison will miss the whole year again and Bruschi wont show up until November again...Come on, dude. They stay healthy no one will be marching up the field on the Pats.

That seems kinda exaggerated...they drafted TWO offensive players. And they were at need positions. It's not like the WRs are stocked and they added another.

Plus, they have made more moves on D so far than O this offseason.

Of course, I think LB and S will be drafted with the future picks.

Until now, I am satisfied.

One thing: Maybe our young players on defense are better that we think because BB/SP were not afraid to draft offense guy in the 2 first rounds.

14thDragon said:

Sorry, I do not like the idea of watching opposing teams go up and down the field on us again.
Judging by your posts I would assume the 12th and 13th dragons were cousins right?

14thDragon said:
No this year it will likely be Wilson, Samuel, and Vrable along with Wilfork. (So no one feels left out.) Then we are once again trying to hold a defense together with chicken wire and duct tape, with no restocking in our vital defensive positions.
sorry dragon san you forgot ty law

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
sorry dragon san you forgot ty law

I must have missed the PR on him being signed.

Law was choosing between Seattle and New England. Seattle picked a corner early in the draft.

mgteich said:
Law was choosing between Seattle and New England. Seattle picked a corner early in the draft.

Do you think that makes Law's signing in New England inevitable?

Whats the scoop on Maroney???

Good Irish name,that cant hurt....Dont really know him though,thinkC.Jackson looks good...dont know the college game too well,guys.,looking for some scouting other than the usual pundits like Fox, espn.....

Truth

14thDragon said:

Bobby Carpenter = Monty Biesel:mad: :mad: :mad:

14thDragon said:
Historically from the BB/SP drafts the impact players have been from the top two picks. They have gone by, here on in, its a crap shoot. That why I dislike the draft as it is.

That is where your argument goes wrong. BB/SP have been known for pulling gems out of later rounds. The first two rounds are where all teams besides the Pats blow their loads. The second day is where Belioli shines.

NEM said:
A Plus..........................I am impressed.
Horrible.... Terrible

Hmmmm- Grandpa, are you impressed or depressed? Which one? :confused:

14thDragon said:
A defense is only as strong as its weakest point.

I did not like having Heath Evans in as our RB. But we have up until now imposed our will on other teams using defense. That way we were ot in the position of having to run a shoot out trying to keep ahead of the other teams offense. I think that means the defense gets priorty in the restocking department, espcialy given the top heavy nature of the defensive talent in this draft.

Historically from the BB/SP drafts the impact players have been from the top two picks. They have gone by, here on in, its a crap shoot. That why I dislike the draft as it is.

But hey, come November, I might be proven completely wrong. If so I will give my mea culpa to everyone.

Complete and utter bullsh!t....then HOW did the Pats win their FIRST Super Bowl? Idiot....BB has PROVEN to be a MASTER at minimizing weak points in a defense so that the WHOLE IS GREATER than the sum of its parts. Really, kid...logoff or reveal your true Green Loontern affiliation....this idiot is a Jet fan

THEARCHIVES said:
14th dragon...you are a moron! Sorry your boy carpenter was off the board. Pats finally got some explosive players. A+++++++++++++ I love this draft!

Anybody who doesn't like this draft has never seen Chad Jackson in action! He's a bigger, faster, David Givens, and he has better hands.

Seriously ill? Sounds like a troll trying to start crap. Let's see, a team needs RBs, LBs, WRs, and DBs. They get arguably the best RB in the draft after Reggie Bush, and they get arguably THE best WR in the draft period. Hmmm.

I really couldn't see any linebacker that we drafted with #21 and up starting for us, or even contributing consistently in their first year. I do see that in the picks for the running and receiving dept. Day two will see us stockpiling defense for down the road. I don''t get the bashing going on. Then again, I'm not too familiar with some of these posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes