PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EXCELLENT so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Great two picks for the Pats. The Pats were taking a lot of shots for letting players go and not signing any big names this off season. But a lot of us knew that the Pats would have a great draft, two picks in and the offense is looking a whole lot better. My concern now is the need of a LB.

Loving the Chad Jackson pick, such a steal to grab him in round 2. Roman Harper just went off the board to the Saints, I liked him. Hopefully a solid DB or LB will be there in the third.

So far this draft is making me seriously ill.

I love our draft so far, Lets keep it going

14th dragon...you are a moron! Sorry your boy carpenter was off the board. Pats finally got some explosive players. A+++++++++++++ I love this draft!

This is a great pick our offense is gonna smoke people next year. Sportingnews compared him to Rod Smith. He's (kinda) big like Givens, but faster. I don't know if hes as a good a blocker.

This is going to be exciting...never thought we would get both.

14thDragon said:
So far this draft is making me seriously ill.

As much as I want the Pats to improve the D thru the draft...they still needed more playmakers. That Denver game showed some flaws with what was a pretty good O last year. Definitely good picks IMO thus far.

I am also loving this draft. The Pats offense seems set up for the next 5 years. They have invested in the line and the skill players now.

I think we will be seeing a lot of defense from here on out. So don't worry about it, there are plenty of tweener and linebacker prospects to select in the 3rd round and Second day.

THEARCHIVES said:
Sorry your boy carpenter was off the board.

The better be. We are setting up to have to win shoot outs.

Sorry, I do not like the idea of watching opposing teams go up and down the field on us again.

Look at it this way Belichick is a defensive wizard. If he can get the most out of any players it is the defensive ones. I am confident that he could take a guy with 4 or 5th round talent and make him a much better player.

They had to upgrade on offense and they clearly did.

14thDragon said:

Sorry, I do not like the idea of watching opposing teams go up and down the field on us again.

Yeah, Im sure Harrison will miss the whole year again and Bruschi wont show up until November again...Come on, dude. They stay healthy no one will be marching up the field on the Pats.

14thDragon said:

That only happens if we have another fluke year and everyone gets injured again.

Jacky Roberts said:
Yeah, Im sure Harrison will miss the whole year again and Bruschi wont show up until November again...Come on, dude. They stay healthy no one will be marching up the field on the Pats.

No this year it will likely be Wilson, Samuel, and Vrable along with Wilfork. (So no one feels left out.) Then we are once again trying to hold a defense together with chicken wire and duct tape, with no restocking in our vital defensive positions.

14thDragon said:
No this year it will likely be Wilson, Samuel, and Vrable along with Wilfork. (So no one feels left out.) Then we are once again trying to hold a defense together with chicken wire and duct tape, with no restocking in our vital defensive positions.

No restocking? We're two rounds into the draft. Quit hyperventilating.

We saw last year what happened when substandard talent was inserted into the rotation.

14thDragon said:
We saw last year what happened when substandard talent was inserted into the rotation.

You're right. It was painful watching Andre' Davis and Heath Evans start.

14thDragon said:

This just in: They have made 2 of their TEN picks so far. Relax.

ps- If Bruschi, Colvin, Seymour, Vrabel, and Wilfork are chicken wire, then you've got one gigantic chicken.

Jacky Roberts said:
ps- If Bruschi, Colvin, Seymour, Vrabel, and Wilfork are chicken wire, then you've got one gigantic chicken.

A defense is only as strong as its weakest point.

I did not like having Heath Evans in as our RB. But we have up until now imposed our will on other teams using defense. That way we were ot in the position of having to run a shoot out trying to keep ahead of the other teams offense. I think that means the defense gets priorty in the restocking department, espcialy given the top heavy nature of the defensive talent in this draft.

Historically from the BB/SP drafts the impact players have been from the top two picks. They have gone by, here on in, its a crap shoot. That why I dislike the draft as it is.

But hey, come November, I might be proven completely wrong. If so I will give my mea culpa to everyone.

Jacky Roberts said:
Not to mention Seymour being injured a bunch of games, then injuries to just about all of our DB's except 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes