PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excellent read: Belichick Shares Success Strategies with finanial advisors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Related it all to coaching and assembling a winning football team. Awesome comments and insights. Including how insignificant the margin is between "talented" players and genuinely competitive players who truly work at it and play to their strengths while doing what is best for the team. That's the reason that while there is no I in team there is one in WIN. Individuals have to perform to their best in order for the team to win. Talked about his motivational strategies and how he uses the leadership in sub groups to motivate the larger group. Talks about mental toughness and how it's when things are going there worst that you find out who has it.

Just outstanding stuff...

bill belichick, new england patriots coach, three-time Super Bowl champs, keys to winning in sports and business - Financial Planning

Thanks man,anything BB is gold imo. I was suprised to see him highlight BJGE.

"He highlighted wide receiver Troy Brown as one of the best leaders because he was a player that was dependable and versatile, one that would play any role Belichick said of Brown, “He was very quiet. He never said a word. He never held a team meeting.” Yet, he said, Brown was a leader by example.

Teddy Bruschi was also noted as a fantastic leader. Belichick said, “Every time he stepped on the field his energy was at an all-time level.” Lastly, Belichick shared that Rodney Harrison was another strong leader worth pointing out."

Those are THE 3 departed guys whom I as a fan respected the most for their leadership. I'm a major Harrison fan.

I worked for many years at the VP level in hi-tech engineering. I am a major fan of BB's management philosophy. Note that any manager/HC is critically dependent on finding and hiring core leaders like the Harrison/Brown/Bruschi types to set the corporate culture. Fail at this task and you have the 2009 Patriots with AD at the core. Again I admire BB for recognizing his failures and actively doing something to correct them.

Last edited:
great read. Hope he coaches till he's 90 ;)

Last edited:
"He highlighted wide receiver Troy Brown as one of the best leaders because he was a player that was dependable and versatile, one that would play any role Belichick said of Brown, “He was very quiet. He never said a word. He never held a team meeting.” Yet, he said, Brown was a leader by example.

Teddy Bruschi was also noted as a fantastic leader. Belichick said, “Every time he stepped on the field his energy was at an all-time level.” Lastly, Belichick shared that Rodney Harrison was another strong leader worth pointing out."

Those are THE 3 departed guys whom I as a fan respected the most for their leadership. I'm a major Harrison fan.

I worked for many years at the VP level in hi-tech engineering. I am a major fan of BB's management philosophy. Note that any manager/HC is critically dependent on finding and hiring core leaders like the Harrison/Brown/Bruschi types to set the corporate culture. Fail at this task and you have the 2009 Patriots with AD at the core. Again I admire BB for recognizing his failures and actively doing something to correct them.

Great point and examples, PWP. I think the relationship to the business aspect is somewhat underappreciated, and it's nice to get a chance to see exactly how 'all-around' intelligent Bill Belichick really is. I would think he would prosper in just about any situation in life personally, just because of his brilliance and common sense approach.

Also, nice find by Mo--great thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back